New shop in beaverton

Twitterbait

I had a chance to check out the new shop on Saturday. Aquaticus Saltwater Aquariums (they are across the street from WWP). The shop is still being put together but it is looking nice. They say they will honor the standard club discounts but i did tell them they really should be a sponser. the place looks sharp and the guys working there seem to know what they are doing, they are also very polite and excited. Just thought i would give a little report.

Unless they get a massive well priced SPS frag section though... Joel will still be getting all my money.

Been there a few times, I'll be there when they have their grand opening sale, which is probably next week. Hopefully they'll have more in stock. Last time I was there (which was a couple of weeks ago), they just have the coral wall filled up, the invert and fish section didn't even have water. So how is it now?

Zach and Ray are really nice and helpful. Since they opened, I don't think I'll ever step foot in WWP again.

I won't go to WWP for the saltwater, was disgusted by what I saw for a retail store on their saltwater side. Their freshwater tanks look awesome with a great selection though, just need a little help with cleanup on SW tanks. If it looks dirty, it doesn't make me think much of the health of the pets.

My son and I stopped by Aquaticus tonight and it looked great and bright, but 1/2 of the shop is still empty for those thinking of stopping for the Tour De Tanks. He liked how I found out about the shop from here. If he keeps hearing about PNWMAS, maybe he'll sponsor? Their anemones looked pretty cool, but I can't afford any. Someday I'll get lucky? He had a good short term discount card when spending $50, but I can't remember what it was. He did have a punch card for long term savings though. Punch for every $10 spent...and of course I forgot the payout after spending $250, but something is always good. Nice fellow, informative and courteous.

I've tried trading in some rock a few weeks ago for some fish at another farther east NE portland store and the guy treated me like a used car salesman telling me how he was "only doing me a favor by taking in some rock and they would never be able to resell it anyway"(let alone wanting to give much credit for it)...my butt he couldn't or he wouldn't have taken it! I've met a gentleman who sold a local saltwater shop and he said they buy it wholesale at $3/lb. Needless to say, I won't spend my money there in the future.

I think Aquaticus is off on the right foot and great customer service is key, next to a clean environment which they're almost there.

I've tried trading in some rock a few weeks ago for some fish at another farther east NE portland store...

And to boot, 1 of the 2 clowns up and croaked for no apparent reason.....he swam great and was eating as well. Was rather sad, the percula clown is what striked my interest in wanting to do saltwater 15 years ago and now he's buried in the backyard :( . The black clown is doing fine along with everyone else.... Guess I better start using that corintine tank from now on though.

I won't go to WWP for the saltwater' date=' was disgusted by what I saw for a retail store on their saltwater side. Their freshwater tanks look awesome with a great selection though, just need a little help with cleanup on SW tanks. If it looks dirty, it doesn't make me think much of the health of the pets.[/quote']

I totally agree with that on WWP, always had an awesome freshwater selection, but over time the SW selection and health has really seemed to go down hill. but still one of the best around for freshwater and live plant tanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone!

Thanks for the shout out! This is Zach from Aquaticus Saltwater Aquariums. I wanted to let everyone know we are having our grand opening on Saturday November 18th. We are going to have a few door prizes and a give-a-way or two. In addition there will be a lot of stuff on special so come in and see us!

Also, if someone can contact me about sponsorship that would be fanstastic.

Sales@shopaquaticus.com

Zach Eimon

Aquaticus Saltwater Aquariums LLC.

www.shopaquaticus.com

8745 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale HWY Suite C

Portland OR 97225

Hello Everyone!

Thanks for the shout out! This is Zach from Aquaticus Saltwater Aquariums. I wanted to let everyone know we are having our grand opening on Saturday November 18th. We are going to have a few door prizes and a give-a-way or two. In addition there will be a lot of stuff on special so come in and see us!

Also, if someone can contact me about sponsorship that would be fanstastic.

Sales@shopaquaticus.com

Zach Eimon

Aquaticus Saltwater Aquariums LLC.

www.shopaquaticus.com

8745 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale HWY Suite C

Portland OR 97225

Welcome to the party Zach!