To plenum or not to Plenum, that is my question.

Ronjunior

Sounds great' date=' I'll check when my wife and I can come that way, my brother in law lives out that way. What is your timeline to take the tank down? Also, didn't you have a tank you were selling to someone? I could bring that back to PDX for them on the way back.[/quote']

Really?? lol I was kind of kidding...didnt think anyone woudl take me up on it......youre the third person ive made that offer facetiously to...............haha

I have no timeline...the tank has only been running a short time......I would prolly wait for months to do it otherwise but getting rid of the sand IS on my list of things to do. Its a loaded tank............just making sure so you know what you are getting into. ;)

Do let me know...i need to find somewhere i can get a 1.5" thick piece of hdpe for the bottom without costing a fortune. Im going to shape a fake sandbed out of it and cover it with epoxy and sand. It would be a coupla weeks before i would be ready to swap the real sandbed for a fake one. : )

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why are you ditchingthe sand fly? It helps hide the rocklifts

Because i have decided i hate it. : )

No sand or acrylic frame required to hold my rocklifts BB style. I do plan on getting a much thicker piece of hdpe for the 225 though and shaping it a little more realistically than how it is in this pic of my other tank...as well as coating it with an epoxy sandbed

bulkheads.jpg

• 3 weeks later...