Silencer for drain

bigfish

Yeah maybe some more photos. 

I'm by no means an expert - but it'll be silent if it goes full siphon. So for that you'd need to cut it down a bit further so it's below the water level. 

Do you have an emergency drain somewhere else? Only go full siphon if you do.

Go to Lowes or HD and pick up some gutter guard and cut a small piece and roll it and stick it in there leaving it sticking out of the water a bit, this will quiet it down a little and will also keep fish and snails out.

DSC04333_zpsqti8bddg.jpg

Edited by ChrisQ

Go to Lowes or HD and pick up some gutter guard and cut a small piece and roll it and stick it in there leaving it sticking out of the water a bit, this will quiet it down a little and will also keep fish and snails out.

DSC04333_zpsqti8bddg.jpg

And believe me keeping snails out is very important. (Stupid giant hermit plugging my main drain with turbo shell).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

And believe me keeping snails out is very important. (Stupid giant hermit plugging my main drain with turbo shell).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember that!

Didn't you end up having to use a metal coat hanger to get it out?

Yep it's unbelievably important to keep all critters out of the drains especially with all the gate/ball valves we have on our systems.   

• Like 1

I remember that!

Didn't you end up having to use a metal coat hanger to get it out?

Yep it's unbelievably important to keep all critters out of the drains especially with all the gate/ball valves we have on our systems.   

Yah I had to make a hook and grab the shell, he survived until he jammed his shell into a baffle hole on my sump, where he perished.

• Like 1