What can you say

LadySaber

So yesterday I came home from work start getting relaxed when my better half tells me "oh I added some water to your tank (no I do not have a ATO) but I think I did something wrong." In my mind I'm happy she did that and wondered how she could do something wrong. She then said "I stopped pouring the water in as soon as I noticed it turning all white." I stare blankly for a second only to have my brain register what she just said. Hmmmm dear as I pick up the large jug. "Did you happen to use this one?" As I pick up a one gallon jug with sodium bicarbonate written on it. Yep that's the one as I quickly did a test and it's beyond 15dkh. And my tank is now a white winter storm.... so now all my corals are in the 2 ten gallon tanks and so is all my rock and fish... spent 6 hours cleaning equipment and water changes. With my better half almost in tears and swearing off ever touching the tank. Ahhh honestly what can you do she tried? So now we are have classes on water parameters.. lol Well I did want to clean my nasty sand and rebuilt my rock work guess I will finish that this weekend. So far everything is fine if not very happy in the other tanks.

• Like 1

Lol Kim gotta love the tank deals.. thanks for the offer I'm good everything is in both my 10 gallon tanks that I have going. Luckily one ten only had sand and live rock with a leather and a few xenia. Plus I still have a 29 and a 15 gallon sitting in storage... couldn't pass up a good deal either... lol so hey on the good side I forgot just how white my sand is after I stirred it all up and did complete water changes. Yay going rock hunting tomorrow to scape my rock work... Yep totally ordering a ato tomorrow as well.... I finally got the ok to spend the cash. Lol ok ummm maybe letting her do that once in a while will give me the ok to buy more goodies for the tank

Glad all is doing well and I thought I remembered you were a bit of a tank hoarder. Looks like it paid off this time as you had spare tanks to move things.

Actually I bet if we did a poll a good percentage of people on here have an extra tank lying around for that next project.

Well at least you got the green light to get the ato!

Lol I'm glad I didn't shut down that spare tank that was basically empty. Lol yeah in my house I have 3 reef nano tanks running 1 freshwater guppy tank (no idea why) and the 2 empty project tanks that will sit for sometime lol... awww yeah I'm a bit of a tank hoarder the only saving grace is I'm on a tight budget so I can't spend a lot on tank projects oh and I don't own my own place. Or I would have a reef room.

• Like 1