considering selling out my bowfront

Electrokate

Hey, I have bills up the wazoo and a lousy income and now a light broke on my tank. Considering selling it. Anyone interested in a 72 bowfront that needs lights? Comes with sump, SWC cone skimmer, Ebo Jaeger heater, a korallia that works and another that spins backwards. Fish are one sailfin tang, one large Chromis atripectoralis, one male melanurus and one bangai. No snails or hermits. Corals are large and need fragging, mostly softies. This is an easy beginner tank that rarely has issues other than algae or vermetid snails which are currently in remission. I have no idea what to ask for it, is it ok to post a thread just seeing if anyone is interested in the whole thing? I'd also want to keep a frag off the gorgonian since I have had it over 10 years.

Here't the last picture I took before the light died today... the sailfin is in my other tank, I want to keep the flame angel and yellow tang since I have had them over 10 years: 

Edited by Electrokate

I am hoping someone will take the entire tank due to the lack of lighting, not to part it out, so first offers for the entire system will be given dibs. If i have to part out will start a second thread with photos I think... I have SPS galore in the other tank that I should sell and probably could buy the AI Sol ballast with the money from them and keep the tank I suppose. But it's probably time to give up.

After thinking for 24 hours I decided since i really enjoy LPS and softies more than SPS and they are easier I am going to part out my 90 SPS tank instead and then cram whatever is left into that tank and shut down the bowfront. This is going to take some time, will have to photograph everything and price it and then will start a new thread. I got messages from people interested in the duncan and other good size colonies, am going to try and frag off 2 heads to keep and then price them.

I can't figure out how to post photos on this forum but the pictures are here 

https://electrokate.smugmug.com/For-sale/

Edited by Electrokate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...