Views on Test Kits

Exodus

So, I have been using API, Red Sea, & Hanna Test kits and after checking my calcium levels the same question that always comes to mind in reference to Red Sea Test kits finally got thee best of me and I decided to post to get others input. II first of all typically test with Hanna, then every so often cross check with Red Sea to compare and in my case today Hanna Checked 426 & Red Sea checked 420 obviously relevant results that match with such a small margin of variation, but my question is unlike the API kits when adding reagent to a Red Sea test there is a point when the water turns blue , but if it sits anywhere from 5 ~ 20 Seconds it will go back to purple, I always figured I would add a little more reagent to get it to stay blue and figure that as the result. While Calcium isn't to bad the Magnesium Test kit on the other hand is a PITA as it will turn purple after sitting there for a minute and really makes me wonder.

So I have not used Salifert Mag or Calc, and was wondering do they have a similar changing delay, and what do others do in regards to the color going back to purple?

Second ChrisQ.

Salifert is my goto these days.  It's a personal choice but over time more and more of my kits are now salifert.  

They have some nice features, like reference solution for testing alk.  I just find the tests more repeatable and in general easier to read.

I really appreciate the input, I know Salifert is a very trusted brand in the hobby and has been for years (I have used their Nitrates/PO4 Test in the past) I had just never used the Calc/Mag and was hoping there may be a difference in the color change making it a bit easier to read. So being my test kits are up soon I'll probably looking to swap out the brands :)

I have a bunch of Salifert test kits. Only used twice. Let me know if you are interested

I'm looking primarily for Calcium & Magnesium kits, when do the ones you have Expire?