Let's See our Local RODI Stations

TheClark

Finally, finally, finally going to start moving a few things out of the office and into the garage.

The ultimate goal will be to get all sumps, equipment and frag tanks down there.

For now I am happy to start with getting the RODI out of here freeing up some room and reducing the chance of water damage in the house.

So, I would love to see your setups, hear your ideas and advice.

I was thinking of something like the following:

• A raised platform / table with a brute can on top.
  • Table has a wood back splash quite tall to mount RODI equipment on and top off pumps.
  • Brute has a spigot near the bottom so I can refill kids top off containers by turning a valve and filling

No need for a brute for salt mixing, the 425 gallon containers from Oxx do the job there...

Here is a pitiful sketchup that really does not show those ideas but everyone likes pics right!?

Just imagine it is built sturdier, has that back I was talking about, and the RODI system behind it...

rEEWxRE.png

TIA

Here is my ghetto setup no floods no problems eh =)

Tapped in to the angle stop for the toilet ran the drain line into the tank overflow and set the jug in the shower that way if I forget about it and come back later my only loss is water down the drains. Never had a flood this way =)

17c3d718cef87df5795227a23797322f.jpg64f323468969b57d2df1cb400c4ace6a.jpgcbde68e0a5276d883dc90d61dcf63a9e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I just put in a new system in my Reefer Room, so everything is bright and shiny. I have one of those BRS 6 stage water saver RO/DI systems plumbed directly into the sink line and drain. The filtered water line runs about 10 feet to two 75 gallon tanks--one for freshwater and one for saltwater. I'm running Pan World magnet pump to pump the freshwater into the saltwater and then circulate the salt water for mixing. There are two drain spigots as well as a spigot in the middle for water changes. Pretty trick. I wish I could take all the credit, but this set up is based on a cross between Tenderfoot's setup and saltwater mixing stations I found on the net.

2743796e27bd6a17114042e6917b1f71.jpg9e0ce50aedf987bc3fc0a14d951ab9ec.jpg0370afe276979a5ccaf276777011fd79.jpgef416028b1cb6157bee38dbacbc63a17.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Wow! That is very very nice, the Reefer room sounds like a place I would like to visit, maybe I can stop by and check it out some time and get some pointers from you. And Clark, have you ever used the 400 + gallons of salt water on hand, you doing a shark tank next?

• Like 1

Wow! That is very very nice, the Reefer room sounds like a place I would like to visit, maybe I can stop by and check it out some time and get some pointers from you. And Clark, have you ever used the 400 + gallons of salt water on hand, you doing a shark tank next?

Hahha, well, it sure is handy for when you poison your tank with levamisole.  I changed out 600 gallons or so over several weeks without mixing salt.

The smallest thing Doug had was 425 gallon tanks, so I jumped on that deal!

• Like 1

They're Norwesco vertical storage tanks.  Norwesco doesn't sell direct so you have to go through a supplier (I used National Tank Outlet).  The problem is that shipping is more expensive than the tanks themselves.  But, if you order ones that are made in their Washington facility you can pick them up for a small fee.  PM me if you want more details.

Once your Reefer Room is done.......your going to have to host a meeting again at some point.

• Like 2