55 Shallow Sps Cube

nanoreefer17

Starting a new 55g shallow build.  Going with rimless 26x26x18 tank that I picked up from a guy in Canada who planned to use for his filtration.  Taking the tank to have the overflow designed and then the plumbing installed this week.

Shoutout to Matt down in Portland for the sump too, 24x24,16.

26901620222_e3a1c13691_k.jpg0227161017 by Kyle Barber,

More pictures to come.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I hope you have better luck then me I just had a local store drill my tank he drilled the bulkhead to low and scratched the crap out of my tank. After looking a little closer he even broke my bulk head by over tightening it. Now I have to figure out how to fix it or just start over

I hope you have better luck then me I just had a local store drill my tank he drilled the bulkhead to low and scratched the crap out of my tank. After looking a little closer he even broke my bulk head by over tightening it. Now I have to figure out how to fix it or just start over

That's really too bad... might have to try and work some kind of deal with them.

I had a local startup company do the work and it looks to have turned out real well, going to pick things up tomorrow!

That's a nice looking sump!!! Lol

sent from a Samsung note 4

Yeah stoked to get some water in it!

That Blue Digi frag pull through!?  :happy:

That's really too bad... might have to try and work some kind of deal with them.

I had a local startup company do the work and it looks to have turned out real well, going to pick things up tomorrow!

Yeah stoked to get some water in it!

That Blue Digi frag pull through!? :happy:

I think it did. I have been fighting flat worms and dino's so everything is a mess right now.

sent from a Samsung note 4

• 3 months later...

29401835483_cebfba52c1_b.jpg0929161613a by Kyle Barber, on Flickr

Got the system up and running, corals still trying to color up! Really happy with how it turned out. Will post rockscape pictures, and would love some input on sps placement.  Wish I would have been better about posting as the build came along, but life seems to always get in the way!

29994449486_86afd8c2fc_b.jpg0930161013_HDR by Kyle Barber, on Flickr

29914977372_d692413349_b.jpg0930161010 by Kyle Barber, on Flickr

29914951072_0dc722db47_b.jpg0930161012 by Kyle Barber, on Flickr

• Like 1

Super clean looking! Nice work!

What is being dosed? I see you have a reactor setup, are you using the doser to dose aminos or trace or something like that?

Thanks a bunch!  Corals have already colored up noticeably since the move.  I currently have the dosing pump adding Kent Tech M 20ml/day, Acropower 5ml/day at night, and Seachem Fuel 5ml during peak photo period.  I am also dosing 10ml of reef energy A & B twice weekly, and Reef Chili once a week.  I just feed Hikari and Rods food to the fish.  Trying to mimic Arsonmfg in terms of dosing to be quite honest, so some credit to him.

• 4 months later...

Pickup up some nice sps at Bob Moore today, work has kept me distracted from the tank for awhile, so ended up losing a couple peices, I think partially due to cycling and stabilizing.

Adding a media reactor to manage chemistry, and have had awesome growth on a handful of corals. If these new sps adapt nicely I will be looking to add a few more. Pictures to come!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...