Jeff over at Cuttlefish & Corals has gotten a few nice pieces as of recently including SPS,LPS, and some Zoas\Palys.I have been wanting to do a grow out from C&C for some time but needed to line something up with Jeff and I finally did. That means it is contest time again, you know It has always been fun, even when losing.

There will only be a certain number of allotted slots due to the size of the coral to be cut, very limited number here. We would take original frag pictures along with listing some tank specs\parameters, some monthly updates and that is that.

I was thinking of just keeping it simple with the old basic rules of measuring  and comparing the new growth at end of the competition, say 4 months? 

I know I already have a few people interested in signing up but to keep it fair I have not put anyone in the comp yet so stay tuned for an update to the thread.

Also for this grow out you MUST Be a paying member! Only so many frags so those who pay get to play.

Thank you for your patience.

• Like 6

I have been growing this out for at least a month or two so its colors are really coming through and there has been some growth. Jeff told me I should take a different acro so I would have more slots available but this one looked so dang good I just swooped it up and grew it out some myself and I think she is about ready.

Yes I believe so, and being exclusively for payed members, sorry if that seems unfair. That means we are already at about 10. I see a couple of requests from people who are not Official.

There is hope for a couple more spots than I had anticipated but I am pessimistic\realistic by nature and I would hat to overshoot the number so I am accepting 15 total as of now.

• Like 2