August 2015 Summer BBQ pics

badxgillen

Well it was a great day for our summer BBQ Meet. It didn't get too hot until later in the day and even towards the end when the sun was shinning there was plenty of cover and nearby benches with overhanging trees. As mentioned before the smoke was not all that bad in the area and we were still able to use the charcoal grill provided by the park. Sasquatch and I ran the grill, thanks Squatch, it helps to have an extra set of eyes and hands when you want to mingle with the crowd. J-Man brought the burgers, dogs, and all the fixins. Emerald had some micro brews and cubed fruits, KKnight had some tasty baked beans, Sasquatch made some good old fashioned corn bread, and other good folks brought chips, salsa, brownies, pineapple, almond asian salad, and then some.

For Music J-Man got together some good ole boys that called themselves the Rose City Reefers and they had a whole "playlist" of aquatic related songs for out PNWMAS venue.Very Cool. Although as Emerald mentioned the Clownfish Baptism was different and the final song Dolphin Love was odd the music was all in all pretty decent, had a kinda funk thing going on.

IMGP2397_zpsffhqkbj3.jpg

IMGP2416_zpsmai8uen0.jpg

Thank You Rose City Reefers and Thank You J-Man for getting these guys together for us, very cool.

IMGP2406_zpslnxqrezx.jpg

• Like 2

WP_20150823_005_zpsckb15oml.jpg

The elusive Sasquatch made an appearance with his squirrel friend, take care of that little guy. Good seeing you there and once again thanks for the cooking assistance and good company.

WP_20150823_002_zps3vgp54zj.jpg

Catfish got out and made it to the event, good thing too, it is always a good conversation with you and that makes for a pleasant trip especially during long distances\extended events. Hope the alkalinity issue gets solved and if I can help let me know.

WP_20150823_001_zpsncncrd3g.jpg

Hamstern, my son and camera man, was not too sure what to think of the Dolphin love. Thank you for taking some photos of the meeting, you do not disappoint.

WP_20150823_004_zpsmqtoxosg.jpg

WingedRider it was great meeting you and your wife, sounds like you two have a nice system getting ironed out, just post up a question here on the forum about the controller\monitor and this way you can get some assistance along with any one else who may be having any similar problems. I look forward to chatting with you again in the not too distant future.

• Like 1

Emerald ran the raffle wich had a few goodies such as a zoanthid frag pack, LPS Frag Pack, Golden Basket Gift Certificate, Ocean Revive LED Light, and many other corals. I think the majority of the crowd won something.

IMGP2400_zpshphsbmbe.jpg

It is nice to have an "Official" raffle drum to pull from, and a raffle girl to do the drawings.

IMGP2420_zps4g5ko6bn.jpg

Frank and Smann waiting for the numbers to get called.

z%20PNWMAS%20BBQ%20Zoom_zps6tow9jmi.jpg

Matt125 made a guest appearance, thanks for coming out from Vancouver, good having you and your family out.

IMGP2401_zpsnjdfrmpj.jpg

It was choose your frag for most of the raffle and there was definitely some happy corals going to some good homes.

IMGP2415_zpsv5xexnco.jpg

Karen! KKnight brought some great baked beans that were so sweet and irresistible that even the wasps couldn't get enough. I might want to get that recipe from you if you don't mind.

IMGP2410_zpsfxpt90wc.jpg

Gill&Fin just out of the hospital and you couldn't even tell, cheery as usual, thank you for making it. Would have loved to chat more with you but I suppose there is always next time.

• Like 1

Glad we made it. Very nice to meet you all. I look forward to some swaps!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to see a new face too Matt! You have a lovely family! Send me a pm with your email and I can get you on the evite list. The next meeting will be at Mr.Bret's and they have quite the array of zoas and there are always people bringing corals to swap!

Nice day for a picnic. Thank you Robert and your son for sharing the pictures.

Nice to see the regulars and meet new members.

The awesome food and company was worth the drive. I might have mentioned before the salsa Robert made was soooo !!!! Amazing!!!!

PS  

I for my coral magazine raffle envelope on the table. Did someone save it for me ?

• Like 1