Radion Hanging Ideas

Guest Bevo5

Guest Bevo5

Hey all - just thought I'd see what creative/sleek ways y'all have hung LED's. I'm looking for inspiration.

I'm trying to sort out a solution to hang 3 Radion X30's over my 80in tank. It's 24in deep so I think I'm going to keep the regular lens and just space them a bit further apart. I think I will have a few inches of low-light space on either side - which is OK. I like LPS more anyway.

I was going to do the mounted arms as I have that now and like the look. But the tank is euro-braced so I don't think there's going to be a big lip to attach to.

So then I was going to just hang them with the Radion hanging kits...but I'm trying to figure out how to best hide the three cables.

I don't like the look of big mounts.

What do y'all think? Pictures?

Thanks.

Hey Catfish2, what size are your hangers and where did you get them? I did the same with 10 gallon tank but I added a shelf on top to put things on and screwed in some eye hooks to hang the light from. I am looking for some hangers a little larger than what I have now to do the same over my 20 gallon.

Guest Bevo5

Those are really nice and clean Catfish. And I like that idea of putting a shelf on top....could be a pretty cool set-up. How heavy did you anticipate the lights being for drywall anchors etc? 

Also - anybody out there who is nails at measuring and figuring out how/where to hang these? If so, I'd hire you to come help me when the time comes.

The single light is around 10 lbs. I used screws for sheet rock that hold around 20lbs because I could not find a second stud. I used a pencil and level for the wall and since I hung mine from the shelf I pre measured the lights and screwed in the eye screws.. but if you do that lol dont forget you have to take into account the stupid wall.. I forgot..LOLOL so move it forward :)

Thanks! I like the look too. I thought about a shelf on top, but my wife preferred it without the shelf. I got the brackets from Home Depot. They have a variety of sizes. I went with the 14x8 to make sure they stuck out far enough from the wall. Here's a link to the ones I used:

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-12-in-x-8-in-Satin-Nickel-Heavy-Duty-Shelf-Bracket-14829/202824717/

They are rated for 600lbs, but I guess how you stick them to the wall is what really matters. I used 2 #14 x 1 1/2 inch screws with dry wall anchors. These lights are only 5lbs so I'm sure that is plenty strong.

Level and a pencil was all I used to figure out where they were going. Measure 5 times drill once!