Emerald's IM Fusion 20 LPS dominated tank!

Emerald525

Hardware:

IM Fusion 20

Light: Maxspect razor 16k with 120 degree optics

Live rock: sweet pieces from Mr. Bret and Softy :)

Cobalt Aquatics 75w heater

Filtration:

Intake media basket x 2

Filter floss

rock rubble

Flow:

Stock IM pump x 2 (took it out of the chipped nuvo 16)

MP 10

Zoa catalog:

Red devil PE sm                 chong bong

Chuckey's bride                  pink zipper

King Midas                          nuclear green

mary janes                          My clementine

Golden basket scarface      Blue rhino

Yellow skirt rastas                iron man

Blow pops

Eye of Ra

God of War

Mohawks

Candy apple reds

Sunset Sakuras

JF Jungle juice

Blue hornets

Fruit loops SM

Magicians

DSC03786.ARW_zpsbjjwxdjw.jpg

Edited by Emerald525
  • Like 1

So I got a little paranoid after hearing all the stories about leaking tanks. The crack on the nuvo 16 and the curved glass without any brace worried me. Arsonmfg convinced me to switch the tank out. Thank you sir the extra money was well worth the piece of mind and after hearing about Jeramy's nuvo leaking just this week I know I made the right choice.

While the curved glass is cool it is not as stable.  Also like bicyclebill said I do like the footprint of the fusion 20 better.  :agree: 

I picked up some more live rock from Mr. Bret and Softy. Softy took a hammer to a big piece of rock and I got a few pieces of this. Thanks guys! :applause: 

Thanks Jeff for holding on to this fusion 20 for me too! I like the mesh screen on this one. :applause: 

After reading on nano-reef I am planning on using chemipure and purigen for filtration.

DSC03782.ARW_zpsrcj7doow.jpg

I highly recommend the intake upgraded media baskets if you have an IM tank. The stock ones are flimsy. These are kind of spendy but well worth it IMO :agree: . I have always felt that filtration and flow are 2 areas you don't want to skimp on. 

DSC03781.ARW_zpslquamgmo.jpg

Here's a picture of the IKEA stand with the doors on now and the cords all hidden. Let me know what you think but I think it looks so much cleaner! :bow: 

DSC03799.ARW_zpsxaguzuo1.jpg

I copied Matty's idea of having a false back. The Maxspect is a sweet sleek looking light but the ballast is huge so I created a false wall to hide the ballast. Thanks for the idea Matty! :applause: 

DSC03798.ARW_zpsb33uyl2q.jpg

Here's a close up of the rock work. I took the stock pump from the nuvo 16 and put that in along with the fusion 20 stock pump so I have double the flow now. For now I'm just going to stick with the Tunze nanostream and just hang on to the mp 10 I recently bought from Jorge. I think I will hang on to the nuvo 16 and consider using it as a QT tank in the future.

DSC03790.ARW_zpsefgl7jd2.jpg

Edited by Emerald525
  • Like 4

Nice looking tank!  Love the rock work.  It's going to be fun to watch it progress.

Thanks. I love aquascaping. It's like putting together a puzzle but not letting it fall. I wanted to try to make some shady spots because I want a few chalices and that maxspect puts out a lot of light.

So you decided against the mp10?

I explained that in my second post. I took the stock pump out of the nuvo 16 and added that to the overflow so I have 2 of the stock pumps and I think that will be enough flow for now. I'm going to hang on to the mp10 though because they are great little pumps. I also am the one who bought Ryan's RSM nano which I'm going to store away. Already planning to upgrade and tank is not even done cycling LOL.

Im so excited you have a tank again! :)

Me too!!!! :)

Awesome set up Kim. I know its a zoa garden but I hope to see a couple high end sps in there ;)

Ha ha not putting any high end sps in there. I will save that for the next tank. I find Zoas tend to do better with less flow than the sticks like and don't want to have to worry about dosing. My hope is to just get by with water changes.

Of course you would! LOL

Looking good Kim!

Thanks Adam. I saw the JBJ when I picked up some rock from Bret. Nice job with the aquascape! :)

Nice little set up, looks really clean!

Thanks Steve! I think like most people on here I really hate all the cords that this hobby takes!

I can't wait to stock this!

Looking good Kim! I'd still use the MP10, just for alternating flow. Great false wall, and you could easily hide "other stuff" behind it too:)

That white mesh top...jeez...drives me crazy about those tanks! Sore thumb:)

Oh, AND who did you pay off to change the title of this thread?

Edited by Mandinga

Looking good Kim! I'd still use the MP10, just for alternating flow. Great false wall, and you could easily hide "other stuff" behind it too:)

That white mesh top...jeez...drives me crazy about those tanks! Sore thumb:)

Oh, AND who did you pay off to change the title of this thread?

I do like the reef crest mode on the MP10s but I will see how things look without it for now. 

Yes I have a few dead bodies as well as some of the John Manrow ballots for the current election (disclaimer: totally kidding about dead ballots and voting tampering :) )

I don't mind the white mesh screen. It's better than the glass cover that the nuvo 16 had.

As far as changing the title.. I just started a new thread! There is no limit to starting a new thread. :)

Just picked up these 2 amazing SA Black Ice clownfish from Jeff at Cuttlefish and corals! :clap:  :clap: 

I'm excited! I finally have something in my  tank! :yahoo: 

Everyone meet Madeline and Rodrigo! (that's right I name my fish... :tongue: )

DSC03807.ARW_zpsfrlcvmxb.jpg

DSC03802.ARW_zpszff3yyko.jpg

DSC03810.ARW_zpss6juuefc.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks! At Steve I'm sure tempted to get a nem but with that small of a tank I may just hope they host a hammer or frogspawn or Duncan! They are already settled in and feeding. I heart tank raised clownfish! ????

Edited by Emerald525