Zoa peroniod

Mitrillion

No I'm not paranoid about the zoa toxin: Its good to be cautious about it but mainly you just need to make sure you wear gloves and mask and glasses with fragging. That's when I have seen people have problems where they got zoa juice in a open cut or it squirt in their eye.

I'm seriously a mess for a few days after a long night with the zoas. Those little bastards squirt~~~~~~~~! My fingers sometimes go numb(from anxiety i am guessing) and I'm certain that "this time, it's my time". I try to wear protection! But. seawater has a way of getting in the tiny dark places:-) ...or the gloves get a little hole in them...or or or or...

I dont think it's possible to go completely risk free, there is always an element of risk, which is probably what keeps people wanting more:) Adrenalin junkies! Don't believe me? Look around, dang near every reefer is a male or an awesome rad female...looking for a little risk? I think so.

when you frag....  make the actual cut under water... that will reduce the risk of anything squirting at you.  We use tongs to hold the frag as well...  try to keep the actual finger touch to a minimum.  

MrBret has like a fragging addiction!!  so far so good....  and seriously, if there was someone who was going to get zoa toxin from fragging.... that would be Brets' luck!

• Like 1

Ive gotten squirted in the eye before.. it was just red for a day or two.. I did wash out my eye with regular water afterwords.. but all is well.. 

The ones you can keep and eye on when fragging are the big Palys that are slimey and goo up like a slimer coral.. If you have a cut on your hand and it gets slimey you will start breathing heavily and get light headed.. It should take 3-5 hrs to really set in and be in danger.. if you got a really big dose you have time, and they can only help by giving you blood pressure medication and IVs

Ive only have gotten light headed twice when I was over fragging or had a small cut on my hand.. Ive learned to take it slower and only frag 1-2 things at a time and never touch the slimey palys when I frag them.  Hold only the rock and just wash your hands afterwords.. skin contact shouldn't do anything that harmful.. Only the nasty green/brown palys are the most toxic they say, not the nicer colorful ones we tend to keep

• Like 1

where do you get those HUGE tongs at?

When I saw those tongs, I felt really tiny for a moment.

Really Isaac? :nono:  .... I'm so biting my tongue on this one... :rolleyes:  Can someone fix the title of this thread too? #Toribadspelling

Edited by Emerald525

You can search ebay for " 12 inch tweezers " and find the ones we use for holding the frags when we are fragging, a must in my opinion. The Realy big ones are just for grabbing zoa's off the bottom of the display tank. You can get those at any petco. And what Softy said. We cut them under an inch of water and most times never actualy touch the zoa. We pick the cutting up with the tweezers, put on disk with dab of glue....and lightly pat down with a wooden skewer covered in a thin layer of water. Also the container we cut andput the frags in temporarily, I consider to be toxic soup, lol.....so don't go dipping your hands or fingers in that to pick anything up

• Like 1

You can search ebay for " 12 inch tweezers " and find the ones we use for holding the frags when we are fragging, a must in my opinion. The Realy big ones are just for grabbing zoa's off the bottom of the display tank. You can get those at any petco. And what Softy said. We cut them under an inch of water and most times never actualy touch the zoa. We pick the cutting up with the tweezers, put on disk with dab of glue....and lightly pat down with a wooden skewer covered in a thin layer of water. Also the container we cut andput the frags in temporarily, I consider to be toxic soup, lol.....so don't go dipping your hands or fingers in that to pick anything up

Beth did a fragging demonstration in the past. I think this would be a great idea to have another one for all the newbies. Is this something you would be willing to do for a future meeting?

Zoa ZOA Zoa zoa Zoa ZOA Zoa zoa Zoa ZOA Zoa 
My growout paly has grown a new baby poylp
The race is on, see you at the finish line

Not moving it is the best thing to do
Super glue it down and light it up
Keep it fed but keep it clean

Dont let it get trampled 
Treat the Zoa well

and it will grow

fast colorful

and many

Wish u