Wtb proven aiptasia eaters

kev311

I bought a copper band but he doesn't eat anything but mysis, I also had a file fish while he was excellent at eating aiptasia and mojanos he also liked my expensive acans. So if anyone can help me out please let me know the pest nems are getting way out of control.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Jorge was selling a pair of peppermint shrimp that apparently loved aiptasia. The sale is pending right now but if it fall through, you should get on that. You can try buying some other peppermint shrimp but I hear it is a hit or miss if they will eat aiptasia. I also hear they may go after things you want in your tank.

• Like 1

peps.........they don't have to be the "raised on anemone" type...some do and some dont eat aiptasias. Good luck.

I tried nudi's, but my coris wrasse helped itself to a nice $50 1 minute meal:)

Yep that's the sort of luck that I always seem to have lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

differenze%20finito.jpg

L.wurdemanni Is the aptasia eater, Garrot at the Premium Aquarium keeps them in stock for that exact reason. I have had 4 of these in the past several years and aside from the original outbreak never saw another one after.

• Like 4

differenze%20finito.jpg

L.wurdemanni Is the aptasia eater, Garrot at the Premium Aquarium keeps them in stock for that exact reason. I have had 4 of these in the past several years and aside from the original outbreak never saw another one after.

Very good information. (Screen shot)

Excellent post , Exodus. Thank you!

Also be careful not to buy Lysmata california also known as the Red Rock Cleaner Shrimp, and Catalina Peppermint Shrimp. They are a temperate species, and are known to be sold by some dealers as tropical. They don't eat Aiptasia, but will eat  zoanthids, Clavularia, and both small- and large-polyped stony corals.

Best suited for a coldwater aquarium.  Photo credit goes to Coldwater Marine Aquatics

red%20rock%20cleaner_zpslktcnopk.jpg