Nanobox Experience?

andy

No personal experience whatsoever but very hot topic over @ nano-reef.com as the owner/creator trolls the lighting forums and has to find a way to market it in every thread. So I know there is a massive bias over there, but outside that community this is the first time I have heard someone even mention the product. I would also like to see some legitimate results with progress of someone using the light and taking pictures of the corals as time goes on to see real documented results.

I have no real experience with the lights but Dave the owner is a good guy, he suffered in the beginning from being to popular. He has quit his day job now to focus on the lighting business which will help customer service and production times. Being a long time member on Nano-reef I know that a few of the people who sing his praises wouldn't do so if the lights didn't work, they would be the first to speak up. I looked at them when setting up my current tank and my problem with is the price, I would need a duo which would be $500 with the controller, pretty steep. I opted for the kessil due to cost but would also love to hear results on the Nanobox lights, never to late to change if they are worth the money. 

I run 4 nanobox led pucks in my t5/led hybrid and love them. I can't comment on the fixtures themselves as I just have the leds but from everything I have seen they look like very high quility units. I would not hesitate to purchase anything from Dave again his costumer service was top notch and nothing beats dealing directly with the owner opperater of the company. When looking at the price comparison of these lights next to others one has to realize these are not massed produced units, they are all assambled by the same person from begining to end. I realize that doesn't mean a lot to some people but for the ones it does paying a little extra for it is worth it. If you are thinking about purchasing from him I would not hesitate to contact him with any questions you might have including custom work or such.