Brandon Kennedy (Thumper) Auction

pledosophy

Has many of you know we recently lost one of our own. Brandon has passed at the young age of 36 after multiple brain aneurysms. He is survived by his wife Sheryl and a young daughter Jenita. 

Known on the forum as Thumper, Brandon was always willing to help people out, and was a great member of our community. 

To honor Brandon PNWMAS is going to hold an auction starting Sunday the 1st. A special forum will be open in our classified section. Anyone who would like to post corals or equipment for auction is welcomed to. All proceeds from the auction will go directly to Brandon's family to help with the over whelming expenses they face. 

This is really a time for us to come together as a community and do something good. 

• Like 3

Is there somewhere we can drop off donations that will be auctioned off?

The way this one will work is a bit different.

Basically everyone who wants to donate items will start their own thread in the auction forum. After each items time is completed the buyer and seller can work out details on picking up the goods. Think how the classified section works now, just add the auction part to it, and that the money goes to the Kennedy family. 

If there are sellers like Mandinga in Newburg and many buyers in Vancouver, we can try to work out one person picking stuff up and bringing it to a region.

Let me know what you need me to do with my donations.

When the auction forum opens on Sunday, go ahead and start a thread with a minimum bid and let the fun commence :D

That would actually be really helpful.  I was planning on coordinating one meet/drop with people to avoid multiple 2 hour round trips.  Its a good thought.  

I agree with this statement as it would make things much more organized\simple particularly for the buyer as pick up distances and times can be difficult sometimes. Maybe a person or two with an established system for frags\livestock with general pick up times. Maybe a drop point, I know Garret used to be down with holding things for a short time, I know I would not mind holding some items if need be or if convenient.

Great, makes sense!  This will be easy to participate in.

Made a bunch of racks last night with my daughter, we finally have room to make a few frags and have somewhere to put them!

I think he said it will be this Sunday so there is not much time left with work,kids, and the tanks...Go Go Go.

• Like 1

Here is an outline of how it is planned to work-

1. The poster can put up any reef related item for auction, we recommend a time period of 7 days. Please make a new thread for each item to be auctioned. 

2. The winner of the auction will pay their bid price to thumper7813@gmail.com, (Brandon's Paypal which his wife has access too). They can then show that receipt to the seller when they pick up their item.

3. Details on picking up or shipping of the item are to be worked out between the buyer and seller. If you have not filled in your location in your profile, please put it in your post when selling. 

I dont have any for auction but i could donate $100 through paypal or check, any pointers will be appreciated.

--Tom

That is the nicest thing. The generosity of reefers always amazes me. Direct donations can be made to  thumper7813@gmail.com

Thanks Tom!  :drinking: