SOLVE Spring Oregon Beach Cleanup

JManrow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As we have PNWMAS members in various locations Statewide, and many wanting to take part in the SOLVE Oregon Beach cleanup at different places, what we will do is go to any of the 45 SOLVE Collection Stations located on the map. 

There are 45 cleanup sites scattered along the coast, from Astoria to Brookings. Pick your favorite beach or site near you by checking out the site map below. Click on a beach cleanup site below (italicized in black) to learn more about that particular station and area.

http://www.solveoregon.org/what-we-do/solve-spring-oregon-beach-cleanup

At each of the sites, after you register and sign a waiver, you will receive gloves, collection bags, and instructions on where to collect and drop off trash at that particular site. When you register, be sure to include you are with PNWMAS. They are looking forward to our help with the cleanup! After registering, you can also visit other nearby beaches and return to the station with the collected trash!

If you want to meet up with other people for collecting together or meet afterwards, that can be planned here in the forum.

Edited by JManrow

• 2 weeks later...

I just got home a while ago from Providence Urgent Care.  My elbow became swollen very quickly for some reason and was in a lot of pain. Turned out to be bursitis. Don't get old... it's a trap! :rolleyes: Had difficulty driving just in town to the clinic and home.

I am looking forward to hearing how the cleanup went. Post pics!

Sol and daddy cleaned at the Harris Beach location. What a beautiful place! There were two busloads of kids there as well, so the beach was well combed after an hour.

beach_cleaners1_zpsxvjjtfnt.jpg

We found this Giant Pacific Chiton, which was very cool. Yes, it's alive, it just got flipped over.

Chiton_zpsya7nia1i.jpg

Edited by Lexinverts
  • Like 2