Macro algae ID

Higher Thinking

Hard to tell on my phone, but looks like dictoyota. Nasty stuff. Pretty much nothing will touch it. I believe high mag levels will help in killing it off. I'm no expert tho.

looks like Dictyota. Rabbitfish and urchins will eat it.

Thanks guys, that looks pretty spot on. Time for some aggressive measures.

Wicked stuff as it is tuff and not much will eat it, I know my sailfin will eat it.your tang won't eat it?

Tang? What tang? I never got one. I was just asking if one would.

I decided to just attack it head on to the best of my ability. It had affixed itself to both pumps so I pulled those and gave them a thorough scraping. That picture I posted earlier was actually on a little acan colony. I pulled that and cut it in half (lost some heads) to salvage the non invested portion. Next I covered two patches of the stuff on my rocks with putty. Hopefully this will kill off what is on the rocks.

d3561cc59c13b73a09d1804dcdd5ecf4.jpg

5e1d2e99227710026510533dd1c5575b.jpg

I'm hoping this will stop further development, but I'm sure there are some little stragglers that will take hold. I'm just going to putty them as they appear. Eventually I'll just pull the putty off.

Thanks guys, that looks pretty spot on. Time for some aggressive measures.

Tang? What tang? I never got one. I was just asking if one would.

I decided to just attack it head on to the best of my ability. It had affixed itself to both pumps so I pulled those and gave them a thorough scraping. That picture I posted earlier was actually on a little acan colony. I pulled that and cut it in half (lost some heads) to salvage the non invested portion. Next I covered two patches of the stuff on my rocks with putty. Hopefully this will kill off what is on the rocks.

d3561cc59c13b73a09d1804dcdd5ecf4.jpg

5e1d2e99227710026510533dd1c5575b.jpg

I'm hoping this will stop further development, but I'm sure there are some little stragglers that will take hold. I'm just going to putty them as they appear. Eventually I'll just pull the putty off.

Best of luck. I've lost hair over this stuff