Apex questions.

fishmanmike01

You need to be hardwired to set up the unit and to update it as well.  If I were you I would think about pulling a hard wire connection.  If not and you have any issues or need to update software, you will have to run a temporary line anyway.  You can run the wire from your current router in many ways.  I took mine outside and went under a patio and back into the basement, where I installed a router.  The connectors and cable can all be purchased at Home depot and assembled by almost anybody. 

You need to be hardwired to set up the unit and to update it as well. If I were you I would think about pulling a hard wire connection. If not and you have any issues or need to update software, you will have to run a temporary line anyway. You can run the wire from your current router in many ways. I took mine outside and went under a patio and back into the basement, where I installed a router. The connectors and cable can all be purchased at Home depot and assembled by almost anybody.

I'd be weary of the cable breaking down exposed to the elements. Your not?

If you are worried about the elements breaking down the cable, then you are installing the apex in the wrong location...errr not ideal location. Outside the stand is best...side mount, or behind stand, or somewhere without high moisture. The only parts that need to be near the sumo are te probes, and those have long extendable cables.

Also, the apex should have its own mounting panel, or board where you can easily move, change, and access the units.

I've got mine mounted on painted plywood, mounted outside of stand. A hundred ways to do it...just keep it ultra dry

Edited by Mandinga

If you are worried about the elements breaking down the cable, then you are installing the apex in the wrong location...errr not ideal location. Outside the stand is best...side mount, or behind stand, or somewhere without high moisture. The only parts that need to be near the sumo are te probes, and those have long extendable cables.

Also, the apex should have its own mounting panel, or board where you can easily move, change, and access the units.

I've got mine mounted on painted plywood, mounted outside of stand. A hundred ways to do it...just keep it ultra dry

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423014199.694534.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423014305.260535.jpg

Just sayin. To hard wire it i would need to drill a hole through the upstairs wall and go back in at the tanks location. I was referencing the portion of the cable that would be outside.

Just sayin. To hard wire it i would need to drill a hole through the upstairs wall and go back in at the tanks location. I was referencing the portion of the cable that would be outside.

Oh gotcha.

Does your wifi signal come in clear near the tank? If so, one of those gaming routers works great

I have mine hard wired. I use my laptop and phone at home to play with it. Problem is I can't access it from anywhere other than home. Did some research and think I may have the router configured to not allow access from Internet.

I'm completely computer inept so stuff like this is always a pain in the you know what.

Figuring out how to write pump commands is melting my brain! Lol.

APEX Fusion I believe does not require router / firewall exceptions.  I could be wrong, but give fusion a try just in case.

Otherwise, there are some great tutorials on opening firewall holes, you just need to get your router model and google it up for router specific directions.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...