What to do hmmmmmmm

pledosophy

I have to decide between 2 skimmers, a PCI 2000 recirculating, or a Bubble Magnus PS2500.

I have two sumps, an old style trickle filter with room for a skimmer that would take up the whole stand, or a smaller one that has room for only the skimmer, that would take up half the stand.

I have room and extra tanks to put next to it if I want to do a display refugium.... I think that is going to happen.

I have to decide between using 2 Ocean revives, or trying some of the other LED's I have accumulated...

I have about 300 or so LBS of LR that has been "cooking" in a tank for 4 months (Can't believe it has been so long) so that's all ready to go.

I will probably use Jeabao wp40's, and put the Gyre on the other tank.

I do have a plumbed fridge if I go non photosynthetic... the tank is in my office, so it might be nice to have a place to stash beer upstairs...

Now I just need the RODI to pump water out faster :D

20a57f066ea1e12a9eec855f4759aada.jpg

Finally have some free time, so I thought hey, I got this empty 90 right here. . . I have all the equipment. . .

Now just gotta figure out what I'm gonna put in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simple... find a place where there isn't a tank yet!

Oh I know where the tank is going, it's filling up now. Just not sure what I am going to put in the tank yet.

I'm thinking either minimalistic SPS tank. 2 or 3 rocks (I have some large rocks), a yellow tang, and a cleaner shrimp. Or an LPS tank with a ton of movement. High nutrient system. OR a non photosynthetic tank.

One of those..

Just my 2 cents but EVERYONE does SPS tanks lol! It would be awesome to see a tank full of torches, hammers, duncans, etc LPS. Sounds like a ton of water movement but at least you can do wave pulses and get a cool effect with the LPS.

I agree it would be nice to see a LPS dominated tank for once full of all that stuff and colorful acans

Predatory tank.

A Hawaiian Lion and a Trigger could be fun...

I did the rockwork, not sure if I like it or not yet. Tossed some sand in. I might move the leather from the frag tank over tomorrow. Give them someplace to go for now.

A Hawaiian Lion and a Trigger could be fun...

I did the rockwork, not sure if I like it or not yet. Tossed some sand in. I might move the leather from the frag tank over tomorrow. Give them someplace to go for now.

Or a great white shark! 

An eel tank could be fun. You haven't had that before right? Soft corals, a ton of damsels/chromis, several cleaner shrimps, and a golden tail or japanese dragon. You'll get a kick out of the cleaner shrimp cleaning the mouth. 

Or...you can ditch that 90 and get a cube!

Edited by vanz

Or a great white shark! 

An eel tank could be fun. You haven't had that before right? Soft corals, a ton of damsels/chromis, several cleaner shrimps, and a golden tail or japanese dragon. You'll get a kick out of the cleaner shrimp cleaning the mouth. 

Or...you can ditch that 90 and get a cube!

I never really dug eels. It's one of the few fish I do not like. They kinda creep me out to be honest. I think the two you mentioned are beautiful, I like the blue ribbon eel as well, but not gonna go eel route.

It's kinda funny. I aquascaped the tank last night, with the water half full. When I see it today, it looks great, if the tank were 5 inches lower. I did wanna keep the rock work minimal, but I always want to put more in while I am doing it. We'll see if it lasts. Gonna finish filling and plumbing today. Maybe get a fish for it. (All the Liverock is well seasoned, plus I have two large sponges from my frag tank going in.

I never really dug eels. It's one of the few fish I do not like. They kinda creep me out to be honest. I think the two you mentioned are beautiful, I like the blue ribbon eel as well, but not gonna go eel route.

It's kinda funny. I aquascaped the tank last night, with the water half full. When I see it today, it looks great, if the tank were 5 inches lower. I did wanna keep the rock work minimal, but I always want to put more in while I am doing it. We'll see if it lasts. Gonna finish filling and plumbing today. Maybe get a fish for it. (All the Liverock is well seasoned, plus I have two large sponges from my frag tank going in.

There is a person on form getting rid of rock idk where but I rembers seeing it a couple days ago

There is a person on form getting rid of rock idk where but I rembers seeing it a couple days ago

Thanks Mitch,

I probably have another 2-250 lbs in my garage of liverock that has been running in a tank with a protein skimmer, a phosban reactor, and some powerheads. It's all covered in pods now to since I dumped one of my cultures in there. I have more then enough rock for this tank, and to upgrade my other system, and then I will probably be selling some as well. You never know how they are going to fit together.