R-3's Red Sea Max 130D Nanopolis

R-3

When I decided to break down my 120 I figured I was gonna close up shop and be done with reef tanks.....that lasted about 4 1/2 hours. I decided to setup a All-In-One and so my journey started. Two days later I was lucky enough to stumble upon a RSM 130D that MedicJen had!! So today after I drove up to Portland to sell off some things from my 120. Then I drove all the way back down to Veneta and picked up my tank. After a little bit of finessing it I managed to cram the tank and stand into my Civic ;)

I got home tonight, cleaned it up and put it in its final resting place in my den. After putting it all together I dumped some sand in (thanks Garrett) along with some rock and started to fill er up. I am using about 40lbs of BRS ReefSaver rock. Plans for the tank will be a mixed reef. Lots of LPS, sofites, zoas and a few stonies. I have 3 Talbot Damsels and a clown that I will transfer over from my 120. I am thinking I will add a six line and some sort of sand sifting goby. I am running 1 MP10 right now with everything else stock. Looks like the popular mods are Tunze 9002, led retro and an upgraded media basket.

Putting tank together-

2AE1FC9C-B8CF-4F18-9968-10C869623640.jpg

Filling it up-

6F193BAA-EDBD-4DFE-A98D-703FCCB30D71.jpg

Your gonna love that all in one,especially once you replace the lighting. I still have mine stock but most of the summer I have to leave it hinged up slightly to avoid over heating. There is room under neath for a chiller but I have avoided using that room for one. I am sure once you retrofit the light it will be fine and dandy.

Happy you found yourself something to keep the hobby alive in your home. Looking good!

Thanks man!

The Red Sea is a nice set up, congrats!

4.5 hours huh, thats some funny stuff-I'm digging the the set up to the right also (naughty)

I really like it so far. Skimme is kicking out some micro-bubbles like crazy but hopefully thats just break in time otherwise its time to buy a Tunze 9001 or Ghost Desktop. I kinda like my guns too...

Your gonna love that all in one' date='especially once you replace the lighting. I still have mine stock but most of the summer I have to leave it hinged up slightly to avoid over heating. There is room under neath for a chiller but I have avoided using that room for one. I am sure once you retrofit the light it will be fine and dandy.[/quote']

Hey anything you have done to cure microbubbles from the skimmer? Or is it just temporary through the break in period? Still got that Kole Tang if you interested :D

It did it for me to for a temporary break thru period. So When I did water changes, I would turn on one return pump, then like a half an hour to hour later turn on the other. After I started doing that I didn't have a problem with the micro bubbles. I also made sure that the water level was good before and after turning on the pumps. I had to add more water once. I'm glad to see you are liking it so far... We really miss a tank on that wall. It still looks bare...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE-

Most of the cloudiness has dissipated but water is still clearing up. Probably adding some filter floss would help with the big particulate. I pulled the stock skimmer and I am thinking I will replace it with the Tunze 9002 or the Ghost Midsize. Stock skimmer was too loud and bubbles were ridiculous :)

Also will be adding a In Tank media basket and small reactor made by IM called the Minimax to either run pellets or carbon. Has anyone used the All-In-One pellets yet?? They seem pretty sweet but unsure how well they actually work. Heres the link- http://blog.aquanerd.com/2014/05/all-in-one-biopellets.html

minimax-media-reactor-aio-6.jpgAll-in-one-Biopellets.jpg

Here is a pic of the tank. I threw in a frag of a leather coral just and fill probably transfer the rest and the fish later in the week.

1DA5E734-6201-46BA-A809-03612A96C09E.jpg