Had a couple of wrinkles to work through. First, the skimmer was sitting in too deep water to keep from overflowing. No amount of adjustment could keep it from overflowing, so I actually removed the 1st baffle to drop the water level in the sump, as well as build up a small stand for it. The problem is really that one of the holes in the bottom of the tank is right above the skimmer. So I've got an elbow and true union ball valve in the way, preventing the simple approach of simply raising the skimmer. I do wish this stand was taller lol.
The 2nd challenge was that the sump setup just didn't have the remaining volume to handle a power outage without overflowing. That is also part of the decision to remove the baffle and drop the overall level of the sump by 2". Next, I had to add a pair of check valves to the return lines. I will never fully trust a check valve, but properly maintained they will prevent a few gallons of water from hitting the floor. I may add them to the overflow lines as well, but that is such a small volume of water that can drop into the sump, that it doesn't make much difference.
Other than that, got some chaeto growing in the sump, a couple corals in the tank, and all of the fish are getting fat and looking good with the exception of the small flame angel that vanished after the 2nd day. I suppose the clean up crew has taken care of business, as I can't find any sign of him. I've got a care package coming in next week from a friend in California, so the tank will be prettier then. I also did modify the rock work a tad bit, and got the CL returns hidden a bit better.