Football thoughts

Michael7979

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a nice picture of one of the holding plays on the back of the register guard that wasn't called. On the last TD by BYU, Byrd had the angle and a clear lane to the running back at the line of scrimmage until one of their linemen cloths-lined him, he threw his arms up in the air and the officials still didn't call it. If you look at the NCAA rulebook under holding, THAT is the play they would use as the example. Unbelievable.

Miles are you joking? 99.9 percent of all holding penalties dont get called. Its just the way it is. It didnt come down to the penalties.

Got to thinking with the way the Ducks looked so out of it..............has Bellotti accepted the AD job and kept it quiet for recruiting sake? ('cuz I don't think the team looked very well coached at all and Bellotti showed no passion for what was going on on the field)

The team mailed that game in on Monday and just played around in Vegas for three days!!!

I would rather have RoboDuck then those helmets.

Miles are you joking? 99.9 percent of all holding penalties dont get called. Its just the way it is. It didnt come down to the penalties.

I know it didn't come down to penalties. But when a guy has a clear lane to make a tackle/sack, and he gets held or tackled right in the middle of the field for all to see, then the guy he WOULD HAVE tackled/sacked scores a touchdown......that just isn't right. The TD was only scored cuz the lineman committed a penalty that wasn't called. I don't care if you are down 100 points, that shouldn't happen.

Yeah like D-rock said holding is something that doesnt get called most of the time. I talked to refs on a high school and Div 2 level and they all have different views of what a holding call entails. If you watched the Hawaii vs OSU game I think Jeff Van Orsow is still being held :) GO BEAVS!!!

Yeah the Beavs recruiting is looking pretty decent so far. There is also suppose to be another 4 star safety commit names Lance Mitchell. I also heard Jamacah Bass the "STUD" running back outta El Camino CC also commited. But the one I am most excited about is Omar Bolden. He played DB and RB in high school. Hes suppose to be a freak. No. 15 overall at DB. Its between us, Huskers, and Huskies. Hopefully he has a great visit. Later Ryan

HOLY @#$% I cant believe it. It was out of control. Reminded me a lot of the BSU game with all the big plays Mizzou had. Uggh...What a game. I havent seen the Beavs come back like that in a long time. Then Riley lined up I-Form and ran it up the gut for 2!!!!!! Man my dad called me from down there and said they are all down on the field. Its a great day to be a BEAV in El Paso. Later Ryan

I gotta watch the second half after getting home from work. Great game and the Beavers showed alot of guts and fire!!

All you Beaver haters that wanted Rileys and Moores head back at week 5............what you saying now?

I believe that Riley has to get some kinda award for turning that team around....or he needs to get some national love. Very gutsy call to go for the win!!!

Gusty call for sure. I wasn't sure the beavs would pull that out, but they did. Way to go.

Did anyone else notice how ugly the Mizzu cheerleaders are?? Looks like the fugly stick is a way of life down there (laugh)

How about that Fiesta bowl!!!! BSU!!!!!!!