Football thoughts

Michael7979

Man I dont know what Belotti does to get these guys. Makes you wonder. Ive never seen a team that has a 7-6 year and recruits like that. Unless its ND, USC, or a BIG SCHOOL that always gets recruits. Thank god for JC recruits. OSU seems to always get a good bunch of those. GO BEAVS!! Later Ryan

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its partially about recruiting kids that fit your team style of play. We seem to change our style every other year and its hard to go recruit a bunch of blue chip WR's and then get an option style QB with a decent arm like Dixon. Or to get a QB that can throw a mile but no line to block or RB to take the pressure off. Gotta have balance. You can have the #1 recruiting class in the country but if the players dont fit your needs its gonna look like ur a bad coach. Kinda like the late 90's into early 00's when we recruited 5'8" or 5'10" DB's when the rest of the league had 6'6" WR's.

No doubt, he might put up scary numbers next year.......If the line can block.

I hate the new helmets. They are butt ugly. And i sure hope they don't bring them out for the Vegas bowl. What a terrible time to unvale a new uni. We are 7-5 and on a 3 game losing streak!!! Just friggin beat someone.

(laugh) Nice Flames!!!! (laugh) Those are real pretty!! I was telling Bob and Mike about them at the meeting. You guys got nice "diamond plate" kneepads and flames (whistle) What's that saying? Bow down? (clap) Man Im glad OSU is Knights b@&$*. Later Ryan

Vegas bowl tonight!!! 5pm!!! GO DUCKS!!!!

On a side note, the TE from Hawaii that verbally committed to the Ducks renounced his commitment and has "committed" to Cal. Wonder how long that commitment will last? I don't see him on the list of commits though, so i guess they knew it was a soft commitment.

And Ducks got another commit from Daniel Padilla, a kicker out of cali. Don't worry Ryan, hes only a 1 start prospect. :p

I really don't care who the Ducks bring in right now!!!

With the way they have played for the last two months .........no player will make a difference!!!!!!! What the team needs is a plan and identity. Then follow that through.

They looked lost in the Las Vagas bowl and never seemed to get on track. Which to me along with the "no long" passing game to loosen up the front 7 is the reason they can't move the ball.

Next year needs to be HUGE, or Bellotti should be fired!!!

LOL. Joel a commit is a recruit that has commited to come play for your school. Wow I cant believe that game. Playcalling was really really bad. Its like winning the Civil War twice this year with ol Bronco beating the Ducks!! Nice helmets BTW. UCCCKKKK. Those were horrible. How do you not give it to a RB on 3 and 1? Instead you run a bunch formation of 4 recievers to the right? Ummm let me think are they gonna sneak? They didnt fool anyone with that one. Im not sure why they have Johnson and Stewart there. 13 carries? Come on guys you gotta give it to them more than that. I really dont know what to say. I knew they Cougs would win but I didnt think in blowout fashion. GO BEAVS BEAT THE TIGERS!!! Later Ryan

Painful painful painful. Bellotti has absolutely no control over this team. What 6 PIs????? 3 or 4 defensive offsides to give BYU easy 1st downs, roughing the passer on stupid continuations. Absolutely pathetic attempt by this team. Terrible.

Come on, i've got 5 plays on 50" HD plasma tv where BYU had blatant holding and nothing was called. Unreal......Just a terrible game.

Karma sucks huh. I don't know what it is but the team lacks concentration the play calling sucks. Time to get a new coach I would say but who wants to come coach a team that wears those colors.

You just gotta think that by everyones accounts this season you guys had lots of talent. Well if you have talent and can't win it has got to be the coach.

true that! coaches cant throw the ball to wide recievers or block defensive players. coaches dont commit penalties either. But coaches can call horrible plays and they did do that last night. Its time to get rid of the ugly [language filter] uniforns and go back to the old dark green home unis and all white road. No chartreuse helmets or stupid looking diamonplate knees and shoulders. I am honestly starting to believe that although Bellotti has taken them a great distance towards national respect in previous seasons that its time for a fresh coach to take over. And Nike needs to fire whoever is designing uniforms. Send him right back to that Queer eye fashion show he came from. Cuz I love the ducks as much as anoyne and have watched them from the mid 80's and even I laughed at those stupid [language filter] helmets.

The players designed the uniforms.

And karma? Karma would be OU actually getting punished for the 600+ NCAA violations they committed this year. But no penalties, hmmm 600+ direct NCAA violations in 3 different sports and no penalties?? But hey, who has more money than OU? Coincidence? OU screwed UAB out of a win, but since its UAB nobody cares. Remember Texas Tech last year????

There is a nice picture of one of the holding plays on the back of the register guard that wasn't called. On the last TD by BYU, Byrd had the angle and a clear lane to the running back at the line of scrimmage until one of their linemen cloths-lined him, he threw his arms up in the air and the officials still didn't call it. If you look at the NCAA rulebook under holding, THAT is the play they would use as the example. Unbelievable.

Not that it would have mattered. Ducks were a blubbering mess yesterday. Jesuit would whoop the Ducks right now.

Those refs let those guys play. There were calls on both sides that should have been there. Tough loss for the Ucks. Well I guess the Beavs gotta set things strait and start winning bowl games for the Pac-10.

I wonder if J-Stew or Johnson would transfer :) ? Later Ryan