Football thoughts

Michael7979

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I didn't get to watch the game had to listen to it on the radio while at work. (which sucks!!) Ducks (sounded) like they had the game in control all game long. Never had a doubt as to who would win.......only concern is that they might look forward to CAL and the game would be close. I still believe that the winner of next weeks (Ore. v. Cal.) will be the winner of the Pac-10.

As for the Beavers they can't get a break can they...........crush high school teams and get crushed by Pac-10 foes or equals.

Ugh terrible game by the Ducks. Got run over. I still think they should come out first play and down it. Every game the first play has been a negative play, either a penalty or turnover. Cal is better than i thought, they sure are better than the Ducks. Look out USC.

Beavs, well, still struggling. Looks like they got their defense on the rebound though. Now the offense needs some help. CANFIELD!!!!

Cal is really really good. They are going to have a good run. Oregon looked bad but in perspective, they are still a very decent team. They will make it to a nice bowl game, something I cannot say for the Beavers. Ive never been on the get rid of Moore bandwagon.......but ALL ABOARD! I cant stand this guy a second longer. ANYBODY would be better.

Awful time for the Ducks to have such a bad game. Time to regroup!! Need to get back on a roll. I think they bounce back against UCLA. Cal is definately the team to beat in the Pac-10.

For the Beavers.......well.........Canfeild should be in there and the D played much better. Riley I believe has lost the prison to the inmates! And what is this BULL.... with the crowd booing the home team? Riley shouls step up and tell the crowd that they were wrong and those "fans" should leave if they really feel that way about "their" team!! TOTAL IDIOTS!!!!

On to next week for both teams! Good Luck!!

Yah USC is a media darling, sort of like ND. They just need to go the next step and get a TV contract that guarantees them to be in a BCS bowl year in and year out as long as they are a top 12 team regardless of wins/losses. At least USC isn't as overrated.

That Cal/USC game is gonna be good, as will be the UO/USC game. I'm looking forward to both.

well i didnt get to see the whole game but it looks like the ducks bounced back well against UCLA which is good considering UCLA seems to have had the ducks number the last few times they met.

And it looked as if oregon state put together a very nice effort on the road no less. Great job both Beavers and ducks!

But it looks as if adrian petersen broke his collar bone and is out for the season....So, if the sooners lose a game from here on out the fans and pres of OK may be calling for the arrest or expulsion of every tackler involved on that play where AP was hurt!

(STATEMENT MADE IN TOTAL SARCASM!!----PLEASE DONT FLAME ME!! LOL)

AP did it himself by diving into the endzone when they were up by 30+ points!! Its a good idea to have your star player in at that point (sarcasm) GO BEAVS!! Man if you take the two interceptions the Beavs threw on there side of the field that led to Washingtons only two TDS it was a good game. I know there were a lot of penalties but I think these Beaver teams thrive on penalties. Seems they play better. Ducks dominated most of there game too. UCLA had a chance but but Ducks held on. USC is looking weak. I know they are undefeated but they are gonna drop at least one this year. Im not sure when but maybe Oct 28th? :) GO BEAVS!!!!Later Ryan

Yah good games by both schools. The one weekend i can root for the Beavs and the pulled it thru, GOOD JOB BEAVS!! HUCK THE FUSKIES!!! LOL

Ducks had control of that whole game, Minus the 2 turnovers that gave fUCLA their only 2 TDs there in the 4th. For having the #2 defense in the country, they couldn't do a darn thing against Oregon's offense. 256yards rushing, pretty good day. I was holding my breath when Dixon went down, twice!! He's ok though! :D

Yah good games by both schools. The one weekend i can root for the Beavs and the pulled it thru, GOOD JOB BEAVS!! HUCK THE FUSKIES!!! LOL

Ducks had control of that whole game, Minus the 2 turnovers that gave fUCLA their only 2 TDs there in the 4th. For having the #2 defense in the country, they couldn't do a darn thing against Oregon's offense. 256yards rushing, pretty good day. I was holding my breath when Dixon went down, twice!! He's ok though! :D

Glad the Beavs won. And I too was holding my breath when Dixon went down. This year Brady can't do a thing right. Kinda feel sorry for him.

Looks like CAL is the team to beat! Can USC knock them off?...and then Oregon knock off USC! Lets see thats my hope.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, well, well the Beavers shook up the world!!!!! Good Job!!! Watched the end and thought USC was going to find a way to get it into overtime. But the Beavs held.

The Ducks plowed thru Portland State like they should have...........So it looks like the Ducks and Beavers might be on a collision course come Nov.25th. Game should really have some sort of bowl game implacations as well.

So I guess we will have to wait and see......................just 4 more Saturdays until the Cival War!!!!

Yah Beavs shookup the college football world, way to go. Makes things very interesting now in the PacX.

Ducks did what they were supposed to do for once. And had 0 turnovers yeah!!!! Did you see the play when the PSU guy tackled JStew out of bounds, drove him thru the players on the sideline, into the bench, over the bench and into the wall? AND NO PENALTY WAS CALLED!!!??? [language filter]! Now he has ANOTHER injury.

This was funny, I was on the espn boards and some guy was saying since OSU beat USC, Cal beat OSU, and Tenn beat Cal that the SEC is the stronger conf and they 0wn the PacX blah blah blah. Then a Cal fan chimmed in and said well with that reasoning, OSU beat USC, USC beat Arkansas, Arkansas beat Auburn, Auburn beat Florida & LSU, Florida beat Tenn & Georgia, CONGRATS OSU YOU WIN THE SEC!!!! (laugh)

Big weekend for Oregon football recruiting. #1 DE in all the land is visiting this weekend, Everson Griffen. If you haven't heard of him get ready to. Hes a beast. We need some more Dlinemen, Belotti should stock about 15 at the rate they've been falling this year. Also have the #23 DT and #32 RB in the country coming.

GO DUCKS!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yah just shows ya, in the Pac10 anyone can win on any day. I'm rooting for SC also, as tough as that is to do.

Ducks were sure a let down. Dixon can't play on the road for some reason and still can't throw the deep ball. Receivers have butter fingers and the defense had a ton of injuries. Well, theres always next year.

OK I'm watching the Oregon v. Arizona game and all I can say is "What the F#%@!!!!! When are they going to bench Dixon!!! Since Leaf isn't getting any playing time I believe you will see him transfer out of the program after this year. He'll be a senior and I don't think he wants to sit on the sidelines when he knows he can play for someone. My guess he'll go back to Montana.

That means that we are stuck with Dixon next year and we'll have a true sophomore as his backup. I don't know what happened to Dixon but he can't throw the ball down field and when he does.......it's underthrown and it's usually into double/triple coverage.

Next week after the Beavers kick the wholley living CRAP out of the Ducks, we'll be lucky to be invited to a bowl game. Ending the year on a three game losing streak after the good start is a total letdown. And Bellotti will start to feel the heat again I believe.

O look Leafs in the game and throws a pick.........6 turnovers!!!! You have got to be kidding!!!!!!!! They DO NOT I repeat DO NOT deserve to be mentioned as a good team!!!

At this time I hope the Beavers keep up their winning ways!!! And play well in their bowl game.

WHAT A F"ING JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!