Football thoughts

Michael7979

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Ducks played fair. Thats a hostile place to play, not many teams make that trip. Gutsy call by Belotti on the fake field goal!!! Bad news now is Jackie Bates is done for the season. But we get Filipe back to strengthen the Dline, we need that. AP is gonna be tough. We can't defend the run like we did against FSU, although FSU has one of the better Olines in the country.

Man, J.D. Nelson is laying some licks on ppl. I didn't think that QB would get up, he looked knocked out for a few. JD is a monster!

Well it looks like an exciting game happened down in Eugene!!! Still haven't watched the tape yet........but it must have been a doosee 'cuz Miles still hasn't posted since the game(hehe), You OK brother? Sounds like the Ducks got a favorable call on the onsides kick but good/great teams take advantage of those things and move on. I'm sure the writers back east will say things like "the Ducks got lucky......" or "Oklahoma isn't as good as we thought...." or "Oklahoma got screwed....." but I say BS! There are bad calls all the time it just so happened to be against a BCS school who was playing a Pac-10 school.

If Oklahoma could have scored a TD off of that last turn over the game never COULD have ended that way. So I give credit to the DUCKS Defense for winning that game and giving Dixon a chance to play the hero even though he had 4 turnovers.

GOOOOOO DUUCCKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okalahoma still should of won the game, but the ducks showed them whos boss on the field goal attempt. It was a great effort all around by the ducks. THey have impressed me.

One note....the ol' defense looked shaky at times against the run, but definately better than they had in previous games. If they continue to improve they will be fun to watch.

Watched the game and YES Oregon got a HUGE break on the on-side kick call. But they still made the plays when it counted.

Oklahomas Pres. is asking the NCAA to have the game eliminated from the record because of the huge errors in justice!!

The game was not officated well thats true but if Oklahoma deserved to win they would have played better and slammed the door when they had the chance.

ya, Oklahoma totally should have made the feild goal at the end. Blocked field goals are totally rediculous and usually:

1. Kicker fault for not getting enough elavation on the ball

2. Lack of effort by the offensive line along with major effort by the defensive line. Usually nobody cares about field goals and tries to catch their breath.

In my opinion both were factors. The Ducks played very well and came through when they needed to.

Watched the game and YES Oregon got a HUGE break on the on-side kick call. But they still made the plays when it counted.

Oklahomas Pres. is asking the NCAA to have the game eliminated from the record because of the huge errors in justice!!

The game was not officated well thats true but if Oklahoma deserved to win they would have played better and slammed the door when they had the chance.

I just can't figure out why they started the replay if they can't see obvious calls like that. Oklahoma recovered the onside kick even after the Oregon player touched it and they still called the possesion for Oregon. All I have to say is Nike has some deep pockets. Sure Oklahoma should have put the ball in the end zone on one of those two opportunities but Oklahoma had Oregons number almost the whole game.

When we talk about whining we have to remember last years bowl game where Oregon was outraged that they didn't get a better bowl game and they couldn't even win the one that they were put in. Sure Oregon made a couple of plays at the end of the game but the officials won the game for them. All in all Oregon was out played. Oklahoma made one mistake all game and that was the blocked field goal that never should have been needed in the first place.

If you think Nike has deep pockets, how deep do you think all those oil tycoons pockets go? They must be never ending!

501 total yard to 387 is hardly getting outplayed. The Ducks just had more mistakes. The Sooners had what 12 to 14 total tries inside the Oregon 5 yard line!!! Punch one of those in and this is all moot. Ducks played hard all game, i salute them they played their hearts out and never gave up. Even after the call, which went in the Ducks favor for once!! Oklahoma had plenty of chances to put it away. How about spying on Dixon, just tackling him would have done the game in. Or how about covering a wide open Paysinger? They couldn't do either, they lost.

And if we are REALLY gonna talk about calls, besides the obvious 2 at the end of the game, how about the PI in the endzone that wasn't called? 59,269 ppl saw that blatant foul, but it was not called. Or how about when AD went out of bounds at the Oregon 5 and they gave it to him at the 2 setting up 4th and a half yard? Or how about when they gave the Sooners a total of 30 yards on the Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty instead 15?

The game was close just like everyone thought. And a great game at that. Refs don't decide games.

The bad part for the Pac 10 is that they didn't get respect before this and now the big schools are not going to want to come to play. Nobody outside of this state is going to give Oregon any credit for the win. If Oregon does somehow make it to a good bowl game this year this will be talked about over and over again. It is really a lose lose for both teams because those referees were terrible. I didn't get to see the beginning of the game just have been able to catch the end replayed over and over again so I don't know about all the terrible calls but I have never seen worse calls than the end of that game and it personally calls into doubt the whole replay system. If you can't see obvious errors on the part of the on field guys on the replay then what is the point of looking at the tape at all. I guess that is the part that really irritates me is that if you are not going to put in place a system that works why have it at all.

Yah it is really terrible for both teams. Although if the Ducks beat USC and are 12-0 and say for instance OSU is 12-0 with no other undefeated teams, i doubt this one snafu would keep them out of the NC. Thats a big if though! If they end up 11-1, 10-2 and are tied with some traditional powers, then it hurts them. But if that case came up and it was between ND and Oregon or Auburn and Oregon to go to the BCS, the other team would get picked hands down. The Ducks could have won 48-0 and that would still be the case. But i'm just dreaming here! (nutty)

As long as the PacX changes its policy to let other conf ref crews in, i don't think other teams will stop coming out west. Ducks have Purdue here in 09, a home and home with Tenn and Georgia soon thereafter.

• 2 weeks later...