Football thoughts

Michael7979

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two good years? Come on give us a little more credit! :) The Beav program has enjoyed a lot of success in the last ten years! I used to talk smack when the Beavs were winning two games a year! The main reason behind the smack talking is that all my friends that are Duck fans (including you guys) were calling for a 1 loss season and a trip to the Fiesta!

Also remember it wasnt very long ago that there were no NCAA regulations on sports scholarships for big schools. They could had out as many as they wanted too. (Hence why ND was so good for sooooo long) There was no regs. Which left little schools like OSU in the dark. Now that its equal LOOK OUT BABY!

ok....lets see.....lets take a look at boht teams records since 1994 when oregon won the pac -10.....because lets face it before that both teams were a joke(laugh) (laugh)

beavers:

2006 10- 4

2005 5- 6

2004 7- 5

2003 8- 5

2002 8 -5

2001 5 -6

2000 11- 1

1999 7- 5

1998 5- 6

1997 3- 8

1996 2 -9

1995 1 -10

1994 4- 7

total winning seasons= 6 bowl game record 4-2 (good bowl game record)

Ducks:

2006 7-6

2005 10-2

2004 5-6

2003 8-5

2002 7-6

2001 11-1

2000 10-2

1999 9-3

1998 8-4

1997 7-5

1996 6-5

1995 9-3

1994 9-4

total winning seasons :12 bowl game record 4-7 (ducks cant seem to win the big one at the end)

I love the ducks and i respect the beavers and i root for them whenever the two teams arent playing each other. My hat is off to Coach Riley and his guys for a great year. but 6 winning seasons over last 13 years versus a 12 out of last 13 for the ducks lets call a spade a spade. I think oregon state is going in the right direction with thier program and i wish i could say the same for oregon who seems to need a coaching shakeup to jumpstart a stagnant team. Best of luck to both teams and I hope to see them battle it out for the pac-10 title in the not too distant future!:D :D

SUNDAY WAS A HUGE DAY FOR OREGON RECRUITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=128&p=9&c=8&toinid=732&yr=2007

3 four-star commitments!!! WR Terance Scott, #25 in nation OT Darrion Weems, and the #17 DE Kenny Rowe. Ducks are stacking that D line, some big time guys coming in at those spots. And the receiving corps is just getting deeper and deeper, love to see that!!! Also got a commitment from 2 star SLB Terrell Turner.

These 4 guys boost the Ducks ranking to #11 in the country for their recruiting class!!!

Belloti-(puke) blaah........hey!!! Thats a great color for a helmet!!!

I think that people rating the players is not very efficient as to how good they will be when in the college setting. A lot of factors come into play such as the analyzer, types of schools that their stats were against and area they live in. Lord knows how many JC all americans have rolled through here in my short time only to be completely unskilled and these are JC kids were the competition level is alittle higher than high school. Just a suggestion to not pay attention to high school player rankings as it has to do more with work ethic, focus and dedication in college football from highschool football and a little talent when they get here. Also heart is a big factor.

NICELY SAID CURTIS!!! (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap)

I totally agree about how players are rated in high school. just cuz a guy throws for 3000 yards his senior year or runs for 1500 doesnt mean he didnt play against inferior competition. Unfortunately, in many areas of the country it has become common place for certain high schools to actually recruit players out of middle/junior high. And then other players transfer there and you end up with these stacked super teams that mow down all the other teams. Its like a local varsity team playing its schedule agaisnt freshman or JV teams all year. stats are going to be skewed. thats why players from schools such as De La Salle and Long Beach Poly in LA get rated so highly out of high school and amass such gawdy stats. yes they are good athletes but they arent all little barry sanders' or tom brady's........

And I hate to admit it but Bellotti's SOP so far at oregon is to recruit blue chippers and then underutilize them or waste thier talents. Look at the receivers and QB's that were all-state coming out of high school such as johnny Durocher that transfered? Or paris Warren at WR? Both left du to no playing time. You cant get 2-3 stud players at one position and expect all but one of em to sit on the sidelines. Or expect them to play another position just to get playing time. Every year when i hear about the great talent we have at backup QB or that we have like 7 awesome WR's I look at our O-line or our D-line and wonder what we could have done with that scholarship thats sitting on the sideline instead of blocking for our QB and RB or making the big sack or tackle?

Bellotti reminds me of a ten year old kid playing Madden on his PS2 who just trades for all his favorite players and builds an all star team rather than one that wins championships. You just dont need Tom brady with michael vick and matt hasselback as your backups.

Just my .02

And the problem with a transferring player is because the player believes all of the hype about himself and instead of getting to his college with a working attitude he gets there with a "Im the s**t" attitude. I say this because I have never seen a player transfer that has been good because he worked for his spot. The coaches will say anything to get a guy to come and the players believe him. So when they get here they believe that they dont have to wait in line and put in work. And like most immature people, if something doesnt go their way they just leave as fast as they got there.

Just what I have seen and not always the case. But most people that cant really get the job done but have put in the work have at least a sense of loyalty to their team and do not leave.

I understand what you are saying, and pretty much agree with most of it. But there really isn't another way to get the info on these guys out to the public. So you get Rivals.com or scout.com and they do the work. I don't necessarily believe the rankings or the hype, but its all we have currently. Its really more of a guage about how the incoming class is, not the rule.

Heres some NW stats even me being a Beaver fan didnt realize.

• Oregon State University, 38-25 overall, 22-19 in the Pac-10, 3-1 in bowl games.

• University of Oregon, 37-25 overall, 23-18 in the Pac-10 Conference, 0-4 in bowl games.

• Washington State University, 35-25 overall, 21-20 in the Pac-10, 1-1 in bowl games.

• University of Washington, 21-38 overall, 12-29 in the Pac-10, 0-1 in bowl games.

I didnt realize we had the best record over the last 4 years in the NW!! GO BEAVS!!

Man, Bellotti is stacking the defense this year. Finally, i've been wanting that gang green defense back for 10 years now!!

NEW COMMIT - Dominic Glover 6-4/240lbs DE 3star #51 in nation.

Ducks slid to the #10 recruiting class. Not sure why, and it doesn't really matter.

Most of those people on those forums arent Beav fans which makes it even funnier!!

Ha Ha. Im watching the Ducks BB lose right now. Uhh didnt out baseball team win the National Championship last year? I think that counts for something last time I checked.

We will see what Crylotti can do with them. Looks like another 5 years with him at the helm. I wanna see the spread a little more :) Ive never questioned the talent that the Ucks get but what they do with it. Ducks are always in the top of recruiting ranks. Lets see how they pan out. Later Ryan

A lot of them are beav fans in that thread, maybe not on the forum as a whole.

Your watching Duck basketball game reruns? Attaboy! Did you see fUCLA absolutely demolish the beavs after beating the Ducks? WOW 82-35. I think your womans team would have put up a better fight.

Yes your baseball team won. Your welcome too, since we don't have one and half those dudes would have came to UO if we did :p

Yah we get Bellotti till 2012 so far, probably longer. Ugh, time to suck it up and do something Bellotti!!