Football thoughts

Michael7979

So Bellotti says he's keeping the spread option. Not sure if thats good or not. With some minor tweaks it should work well with the guys we have. He also says he is gonna get the best OC and QB coaches in the nation so we can continue to set the bar nationally. Uh [language filter]!!!! 4 bowl losses in 5 years, 1 game over .500 thanks to PSU and thats setting the bar??

Bellotti is officially a nutjob.(nutty) (nutty) (nutty) (nutty)

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bellotti needs to get canned.....I love the ducks but he is not the answer we need. the sperad can work (look at florida) but you need more play diversity and the ability to run the ball in short yardage situations. we always get screwed in 2nd or 3rd and short yardage situations even though we have one of the best young backs in the country. move bellotti to AD and throw a bag of cash at chris petersen at boise state.

Yeah we will see!

The best OC and QB coachs are already taken. So where is he going to find these guys? How much money would it take to pull someone away from another school?

I agree.....I think Bellotti has lost his edge alittle. I also believe that this upcoming year will determine his fate at Oregon. If he doesn't go, 9-3 or 8-4 and then win a 'good' bowl game he will be released, fired, or whatever they call it now.

bellotti has gotten comfortable. and we all can see how that affects coaches. thye get conservative and feel like they dont have to prove themselves. i say kick his [language filter] to the curb.

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike, i say its gonna take another 2-3 years of .500 seasons before he gets the boot. Even if he goes 6-6 next year and misses a bowl he won't get canned. He's too entrenched in his spot to get canned after just 2 crappy seasons. It will take a total of 3-4 to finally rid ourselves of him IMO. But hey, 1 down 3 to go!

kick him out and stop with the ugly [language filter] uniform fashion show. its like the university of oregon circus. never know what they are going to wear. surprised they havent figure out how to embed high impact resistant neon into the helmet to create the "O". ohhh god! I hope nobody at nike design is a pnwmas member......errrr i better go patent the idea quick to keep it from becoming reality!

After a long and bitter bidding war on Ebay, I was able to obtain a preliminary version of the new Oregon offensive playbook. Based upon what I am seeing, it will revolutionize offensive football. It also achieves the goal of not upsetting any of your quarterbacks while effectively minimizing the impact of your running backs. Obviously, Oregon tried to incorporate portions of this attack into their game plan for the Las Vegas Bowl, and they were effective in at least achieving the goal of minimizing the impact of the running game. Here is a rough outline of the scheme:

It is based upon the spread, shotgun offense, but with a wrinkle: Instead of lining up a quarterback and a tailback in the gun, you will line up both of your quarterbacks. Based upon the play call, the center will snap the ball to one of the quarterbacks. If it’s a pass, they will snap to Leaf. If it’s a run, they will snap to Dixon. It allows you to split playing time for both quarterbacks, and not have them complaining to the press after a game about not establishing a rhythm. Also, without a tailback in the set, Stewart can spend more practice time perfecting his kick returns, and Jeremiah can focus on a transition to tightend to replace the departed Rosario. I think this will go down as a historic year in offensive football, and will be on par with the development of the forward pass, the wishbone, and the run and shoot. It’s pure brilliance.

:) :) :) :) I gotta get my kicks in :) :) :) :)

Get em in now, might not have another chance for awhile!

The offense Crowton put in works. Top 10 in nation in yardage, points, tops in Pac10 in passing, and #1 in rushing. Its just the redzone, short yardage, and TOs that killed this team. I donno how you fix that personally. Bellotti better find a way.

BTW, just how much would a beaver fan pay for the Oregon playbook?

but what did you say during football when we were getting trashed by BYU or arizona? i have an ongiong bet with a buddy of mine that whichever team wins civil war that guy gets to wear his gear. I cant wear mine now till first game of 2007.

I was at the Zona game in my Duck gear yelling the whole game. Well until the 4th quarter when we decided drinking would be more fun than watching the ducks get trounced. I did the same during the BYU game, except i was drinking much earlier. (laugh)

How much does toilet paper cost?

Well, i wouldn't go thru a long bidding war on ebay for toilet paper! :p

Some beaver fan over on the espn boards was saying his boss is a Fusky fan. They were out having a beer and his boss told him if he ever commited suicide, he would want to fly a b12 bomber over autzen when its completly full and empty the payload killing everyone. He would watch everyone die before being blown out of the sky.

Thoughts?

yah thats exactly what i said. Here is how i responded:

Wow, its amazing someone would let a sport played by 18 yr olds dominate his feelings that way. To commit mass murder on innocent people because they root for a different team is...i can't come up with a word at how terrible that is. His life must truely suck. I realize its a hypothetical situation but still, just knowing that those thoughts swirl around in his mind...

Personally i would never wish death upon someone over a game. Especially if i didn't even play in the game. Unreal.

AP-Local news in Oregon-Eugene, OR(AP) -

A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a Eugene courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his Aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible. The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his Aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him. After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life amo ng them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and a conference with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Oregon Ducks Football Team, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.