Football thoughts

Michael7979

Mike we will have you wearing an orange and black jersey soon.

I really doubt this is going to happen!!!!!

When orange clothing touches my skin I become ill.........extremely ill.

Glad to see that some of the Beaver believers have been believers all year. But even though I ranted about how ugly the Ducks have been playing I will NOT ever become a Beaver fan!!!

I'll root for them when and if they make it to bowl games and when they play out of conference foes. But that's about it.........and I'll never root for them in a CIVIL WAR!!!

I know alot of people aren't giving the Ducks much hope to beat OSU tommorrow but I know they will.

GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!

OREGON 28

OREGON STATE 20

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

white and yellow helmets? white would be cool but i dunno about yellow. just wish they would find some uniforms and stick with them. Tired of it looking like Nike sponsored paris fashion week at autzen. Besides all the strange uniforms definately dont help with credibility of the program as far as gaining respect for Oregon and the Pac-10 with east coast voters and media

white and yellow helmets? white would be cool but i dunno about yellow. just wish they would find some uniforms and stick with them. Tired of it looking like Nike sponsored paris fashion week at autzen. Besides all the strange uniforms definately dont help with credibility of the program as far as gaining respect for Oregon and the Pac-10 with east coast voters and media

I don't think respect has anything to do with the color of the unis. Look at UW, they wear purple!!! I like the different combos and the colors. I guess you don't recall the hideous puke orange unis the beavs had awhile back.

the color does have some impact on a teams level of respect from national media. East coast media continually laugh at outrageous colors as attempts to grab headlines. Even this year when Boise St was climbing the rankings all i heard during other games was how ugly thier blue field is.....

Besides that whatever happened to tradition being a part of college football? Look at schools like Ohio St, Penn St, Michigan, and ND. Thier uniforms have mostly unchanged for a long time.

Of course Oregon doesnt have the prestige or tradition of any of these schools because they have only been good and getting national attention for a little over a decade. Now dont get me wrong because i am a duck fan and was raised in eugene. I remember the pre '94 campaigns of horrible teams. But I think we need to find some continuity so that every year when we are mentioned in national press people around the country dont have to say "who are these guys in the yellow/green/white helmets/jerseys?" and " thats oregon? Doesnt look like the team i saw in such and such game last year!"

jsut my .02

and yes washington wears purple.....and UCLA wears powder blue....niether color strikes fear into your heart but people know when they see gold and purple its the huskies and when they see the gold and baby blue that its ucla. Brand recognition is a huge part of business and sadly thats what college football has become for a large number of people in this country namely the media. Teams should make thier statements with thier actions on the field and thier sportsmanship and not what color thier jerseys are.

Well, it's Duck soup for dinner! I vote for using the kicker to start the broth!

INGREDIENTS

1 (4 pound) wild duck, whole

4 cups duck blood

8 cups water

1 teaspoon salt

1 stalk celery, cut into 2 inch pieces

1 sprig chopped fresh parsley

1 cup heavy cream

5 whole allspice berries

2 whole cloves

16 ounces pitted prunes

1/2 cup raisins

1 tart apple - peeled, cored and chopped

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon white sugar

salt and pepper to taste

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

DIRECTIONS

Cover whole duck with water in large stock pot. Add salt, and bring to a boil. Skim off foam.

Place celery, parsley, allspice, and cloves in a cheese cloth bag, and add to stock pot. Cover and cook over low heat until meat is tender, approximately 1 1/2 hours.

Remove cheese cloth bag from stock pot. Remove duck. Discard bones, cut up meat, and return to the broth.

Mix in prunes, raisins and apple. Simmer for 30 minutes.

In a medium bowl, beat flour and sugar into cream until smooth. Beat in duck blood gradually. Add 1/2 cup hot soup stock to blood mixture, blending thoroughly. Pour mixture slowly back into stock pot, stirring constantly until soup comes to a boil. Season to taste with salt, pepper, lemon juice and vinegar.

Oooh Wee!

Whoa Nellie! Put our the kidz and bring in the mutts!

If ya didn't like that game, you don't like football.

All the fans were treated to a really great show.

Home team wins ten years in a row.

I'm only partly closed three days per year.

Christmas, Thanksgiving, and the Civil War.

Curtis Coker got the QB early in the game.

A few plays later hit the guy so hard

his helmet blew off.

All the fans got their blood pressure up.

Beavs are going to really have to up the ante to win at Autzen next year.

Ducks really played hard and came on strong.

The Civil War in Oregon is a great rivalry.

Roger

Out in the West Texas town of El Paso

I fell in love with a Mexican girl.

Oops wrong song! Good game Beavs!! Man I am just starting to dry up. I didnt even move the whole game. Man what a turn around for how everyone projected the Beavs to be. Way to go guys. My old man is going to Hawaii.......[language filter] him! Im thinkin El Paso is nice this time of the year. Later Ryan

Yeah Ill agree with you on Cal being overrated. Ayoob is a joke! Yeah everyone will stack the box and stop Lynch like we did last year 14 carries for 58 yards, OUCH Mr. Heisman. Then that will make him throw a couple picks and have a 33% completion ratio even against our secondary which was freshman besides Sabby last year. I cant believe that guys even has a shot there. He will be replaced by mid-season.

Come on Miles the Ducks 11-1? You gotta be kidding me. Be a little realistic bud. I know its cool to hype your team but WOW :). With a depleted front 7 and a always chancy secondary Im thinking 8-4 at best. Even though Oklahoma is at home they have A.P. If hes healthy he will be trouble. Even though Bomars out stealing money from car lots they have two young QBs that are still good. Remember you play Fresno, USC, Cal, ASU (which is a screwy one because of the QB situation) and obviuosly THE BEAVS !! away this year.

As for the Beavs, who knows. For once in 3 years our start of our scheadule is not against National Championship contenders and teams that were undefeated the year before. Its honestly a toss up. OSU and Arizona are the two teams in the Pac-10 this year that could go either way. In the dumps or close to the top. We open with EWU, BSU, Idaho, Cal, WSU, Wash, and Arizona. Which frankly are all winable games. No one can deny that. So we will see how Moore bounces back from a horrible second half. The O-Line for once in a long time is intact with All American Jeremy Perry holding the left side down. Y.Bernard will have a killer year if Riley feeds him the ball enough. Somehting that was a problem in some games last year. We get BIG JOE NEWTON back which will be a big security blanket for Moore. We do lose All American Fred B. Award winner Mike Hass who will be tough to replace. We have a couple guys stepping up but none like Hass. He is one of a kind. Hopefully someone steps up. Our D isnt depleted as people think losing two LBs and two DL. We still have both our ends Lemma and Orsow and have a good rotation at DT including our man Coker. It think that is the key anymore is to keep fresh legs in the d-line instead of playing #1's all the time. Nfl teams are starting to realize that. Our secondary is much improved. Sabby will have a breakout year definately and be a first day pick in '07. Remember OSU is "Linebacker U" there will be no problems there. I know Bray and Ellision were studs but the new guy Larouque is a stud. Also Darlin and lightning fast Dogget wil keep the tradition goin.

Even though I see the possibility of the Beavs starting off 6-0 and I see them failing somehow. Maybe its too good to be true. I really see the Beavs going 8-4 and finishing 4th in the Pac-10. We will see. No ones an expert. GO BEAVS

Man I was pretty close with my prediction. :) GO BEAVS

ducks fans will only be quiet til b-ball season gets really going. Team looks good. LOL

Anything to take our mind off a disssapointing second half to the football season! I had a bet with my friend who lives here in lebanon that whichever team won yesterday then that person couldnt wear any clothing related to thier team till next season. So i retired my ducks jacket to the closet....haha

Well i'll tip my hat to the beavs, they came out and did what they needed to to win. Neither team was spectacular, but the Ducks handed 2 TDs over as well as missing 10 points in the kicking game. Man, if its not Pixon(or Leaf) throwing to the wrong team, or the receivers dropping passes, or the punt returner laying the ball on the field, or the RB fumbling, its the kicking game that faulters. After that first loss to Cal, this team really declined. They never put together a solid game after that. I haven't seen a meltdown like this team had in.........well i can't remember even 1.

Good job beavs, i'm glad that it was at least a game this year. The last 3 or 4 have all been blowouts and not worth watching after halftime. I'm glad it came down to the last snap, these were 2 really even teams.

Good game in Hawaii, they had a really good running game...really fast people. The game looked sped up because of fast they were moving sometimes. (nutty) They should have just run the entire game, our defense had a lot of trouble catching up. I think they will develop into a pretty interesting team. Matt Moore had that one spectacular throw for the 80 yard pass. Ahhhhhhmazing. Anyone see Piscetlli's toss his shoulders up in a "what?" fashion when he made that last interception - he's just that good (football).

non-football related - on the Hawaii sideline there were two guys in white t-shirts with ties on them. My only beef with this game was the lack of replays and bad camera angles. what's up with that!

anyone know what was up with the garbage on the field?

(cheer) (cheer) (cheer) (agree) (agree) (agree) (football) (football) (football) (dancing) (dancing) (dancing) (dancing) (yahoo) (yahoo) (yahoo) (yahoo)