Oregon Coast Potluck BBQ

JManrow

After the Hatfield and Oregon Coast Aquarium tours are over, around 3:30 to 4:00PM we will meet at across the bridge at Yaquina Bay State Park for a BBQ!(hungry)

It will be Potluck, so please bring your favorite... main dish, side dish, salad, beverages, veggie or cold cut trays... if everyone brings a little, there will always be more than enough to go around! There will be the big Clam & Oyster Feed, as always!

It is just a ways past the first parking lot at Yaquina Bay State Park and Lighthouse. There will be a couple of green PNWMAS signs to help point the way, and the PNWMAS Banner at the BBQ site.

Driving directions from OCAQ to Yaquina Bay State Recreation Site

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=44.619495&lon=-124.05513&zoom=16&q1=2820%20SE%20Ferry%20Slip%20Road%2C%20Newport%2C%20OR%2097365&gid1=22006643&q2=Yaquina%20Bay%20State%20Park%2C%20Newport%2C%20OR

I though it might be fun to see what people are bringing for the Potluck BBQ!

I figure if everyone brings at least enough for their selves and guests, plus a little extra to share, we will have a great feast! The club will provide paper plates, cups, and eating utensils. (No, I didn't forget about the Clams & Oysters)

My family will be bringing about 15 lbs. of Home Made Potato Salad. I bought 6 lbs. of Hot Links(32 links) and a couple of Large Packs of Beef Chuck Top Blade Steak(not New York or T-Bone, but the price is right!:D) @ 2.48 per lb. (twelve 8oz.steaks) at Winco last night. They should be great on an outdoor BBQ!

What's everyone else bringing? Any favorite dishes???

Oysters & Clams will be provided by PNWMAS.

Anything else would be great! If you wish to bring along meat or chicken to cook, go for it! Sausages, hamburger patties, hot dogs, gardenburgers, main dishes, salads of all kinds, desserts, veggie trays, cold cut trays, any favorite dishes you want to share... the list is really endless!

Of course soda & chips are always welcome. It might be overwhelming though, if that's what everyone brought!:p Any suggestions on delegating who brings what, or just go for "Pot Luck" and hope for the best?

At the 2008 august BBQ people with Last Names beginning with

letters A through M, brought a Side Dish, and

letters N through Z, brought a Dessert.

Perhaps we should try that again, and everyone bring something of their choosing to throw on the grill.

If I was going, i would bring Spam Musubi!

Top blade is tough, you would be well served to marinade it on the ride over. It is traditionally a braising cut.

Thanks for the advice. I will be sure to marinade the steaks before we leave!

Maybe not as tender as some other cuts, but I think I can deal with it. The top blade cut is supposed to be the most tender of the chuck steaks. I'm not a half-bad cook myself. I can cook venison so you can cut it with a fork. Bear, on the other hand, is another story...DOH!

the way I see it and this is how most of these are done is your(PNWMAS) providing clams and oysters so everyone brings a side, like im bringing 3 pies and if we want anything else we bring are own extra's if we want somthing diffrent then clams and oysters me im up for the seafood but I will bring somthing diffrent for my wife and daughter.

the lack of responses here may also be causing confusion I plan to bring pies as my part if I need to bring anything else for the group please let me know otherwise thats what I will stick with.

Pie would be great! Everybody loves pie!! If you could possibly bring one sugar-free pie(there will beat least 2 diabetics at the BBQ), that would be awesome!:D

ill bring whatever you want if you can get me outa work(sad). i hav e to work 2 sat a month. this hapend last year too(enforcer)darn work

so... are you hinting that one of us should call your work to have them let you you know that "dear old Aunt Sophie" has departed, and the service will be held Saturday?(naughty)

I'm responding!! I heard the word pie loud and clear! lol Here is my simple request: one apple for me, one lemon meringue also for me and one pecan also for me ;) LOL Now all I need is a fork (hungry). If you plan on bringing soda sprite if you please... I'm I asking to much? I do have a list.... lol O wait that was my coral wish list DOH!

Definitely 4. There should be around 50 people attending the tours. I'm sure most of them will be hungry after a day of walking!

Sounds like a good turnout! BTW - make mine blackberry :D

I hope we can stick around for at least a bit of the BBQ. Unfortunately, we have a bunch of stuff to get done before leaving town on Monday so can't stay too long (sad)