Favorite restaurant

TAD

hanger steak is the best' date=' but mark probably doesn't even know what that is lol[/quote']

Hmm, I haven't seen those around - but I've been loving the chuck eye steak lately. Cheaper, and better than a rib eye in my opinion. (drooler) Now I need to look for a hanger steak, time to hit the Russian butcher up the street.

curry in a hurry

Fwiw i could out cook all of you using my webber...especially mark :D.

Homie you're trippin. I will put you to shame. I have even made muffins on a BBQ, just to prove I could. I lived in a garage for a few years in college, so everything I made was on a BBQ. Salmon with beure blanc, asparagus with hollandaise, and a cake for dessert from my weber. When I'm not showing off I prefer a nice steak from the grill. Have made some nice turkey's and corned beef as well. I got skillz on the grillz!

Back to favorite restraunt, spendy but Ruth Chris is tops, I like steak. Dragon Fish is the best for Sushi. Jopaz for Italian American Cuisine.

I have a horizontal smoker, had Downhill biker, chief and a bunch of others over for poker and I don't think they indulged in ribs (made 6 racks) but they did get some of my atomic buffalo turds (stuffed jalapenos with cream cheese, cheddar and bacon), ribs smoked for 9.5 hours and ABT's smoked for 3 hours with cherry and mesquite. Yummy. I will see if I can dig up a pic.

post-105-141867743633_thumb.jpg

Favorite restaurant my house!!! Home cooking is where it's at.

Big fan of cooking at home. Not a big fan of cleaning up the big mess when its all said and done. I get a lot of good ideas for cooking at home when I am eating out. Also watching diners drive-ins and dives give me some inspiration for new meals at home.

It would be worth the drive!!! We smoke pork butt, hams, turkey,chicken,brisket,duck,salmon,ribs. Our BBQ sauce is out of this world awesome!!!!

I enjoy watching the Food Network too.

Ok... you are talking me into it! (drooler)

But on topic (yeah, I know, a change of pace for me).

Favorites include...

Iron Horse (best chili verde I've had in PDX, good specials)

Clay's BBQ (good ribs and catfish)

Tuk Tuk Thai (have never had a bad dish)

Mash Tun Brew Pub (good burgers with Oregon Country Beef reasonably priced)

Concorida Ale House (diverse menu with good sandwiches and fish and chips)

All these are NE PDX except for Iron Horse (Sellwood) and Clays (Division)

I'm sure their are more but I am making myself too hungry!!!

My first beer ever drank in an establishment was in the iron horse 26-27 years ago. I was 16 and had a fake ID lol.

It wasn't a restaurant back then. I do enjoy the Mexican food they serve but its been years since Ive been there. I might have to go back to my old stomping grounds, I lived on Ellis street of of Milwaukie st about 6 blocks north of there.

My first beer ever drank in an establishment was in the iron horse 26-27 years ago. I was 16 and had a fake ID lol.

It wasn't a restaurant back then. I do enjoy the Mexican food they serve but its been years since Ive been there. I might have to go back to my old stomping grounds, I lived on Ellis street of of Milwaukie st about 6 blocks north of there.

I heard it had a bit of a "shady" past as a biker bar kinda place (no insult intended!) but I started going there in the mid '90s - they have had the same managers and lead chef ever since! Some of the mexican "staples" are hit or miss but the more unusual items (yucatan steak salad), the chili verde and chili colorado (almost a mole) and specials can be quite good.

I lived down the street in Garthwick for a few years as well...

So............ (whistle) when is this competion for who's BBQ is better cause I'm signing up for a judge (hungry). I'll bring the microbrew (drinking) !!! Use to bartend could take care of that too.

But really, I am making a list and trying some of these places. Sounds great and I've not heard of a few of them.

So............ (whistle) when is this competion for who's BBQ is better cause I'm signing up for a judge (hungry). I'll bring the microbrew (drinking) !!! Use to bartend could take care of that too.

But really, I am making a list and trying some of these places. Sounds great and I've not heard of a few of them.

well... this would be set up as an event outside of regular meetings, just as the Meet & Greets are. PNWMAS could not purchase alcohol, for liability reasons, but what people in the club bring is their own responsibility.:D

I would be glad to set up a thread about the BBQ Cookoff and let everyone involved set up the details!:cool: