Sign in to follow this  
catholicteacher

Questions about school tank problem

So I get back to school from Spring Break and the water level was fairly low. (The Janitor had been feeding and adding water over break) When I get back yesterday the water pressure from the return pump was very low, even after filling the sump up. So today I get into school and everything is off and I smell to me what smells like a burnt up motor, but the weird thing is even if the pump went out why would the lights, protein skimmer, powerheads, uv sterilizer be off as well? I checked the connections to my power strip and they seemed fine, the cords are too far from the wall outlet to test them without the powerstrip and I don't have another one around, so hopefully someone has seen this issue before. Any takers on this one?

Thanks!

Did you have a GFCI installed like you said you were planning to? If that was the case, everything would be off at the wall plug. Push the reset button if you need to.

Give me a call.

If is smells burnt, you may have tripped a circuit breaker in the overload. Check the electrical pannel to see if the circuit is fine.

dsoz

Did you get shocked at all when you put your hand in the water?

Well that would be a different way of checking. (laugh) The Rodger way that is.

The power strip its self may have blown

Did you get shocked at all when you put your hand in the water?

Sounds like a good start to a lesson on experimental evolution, or lack there of.