Getting ready for the switch

Bill V.

Hello,

I'm totally new to the saltwater side of fish keeping and am getting ready to jump head first into it this summer. I have a 150gal. tank i am going to convert over and can't wait to start. I am so glad i found a forum in my are that i can get questions answered in and make some friends in this hobby.

Sincerely,

(fish)Bill(fish)

Welcome to the addiction Bill. We are a good support group, but there are a few pushers around that will get you hooked on something. :)

When you take pictures, make sure that you include the before as well as during and after transformation.

Don't hesitate to ask, and when it comes time to stock that puppy, let me know, I usually give some easy corals to newbies. You just need to travel to Oregon City to get them. :)

dsoz

• Like 1

Hey, thanks guys and gals. I can't wait to get started. I haven't thought about doing a build thread but that is a cool idea i think i will. Just talked with the wife today and she is letting me move the tank to the front room and get it out of the office. It'll be nice to sit and watch the tank from my easy chair instead of standing in the office all the time.

Welcome new "TOAD" :) If your switching from fresh to salt, did you EVER use COPPER based medications? COPPER is a big no no when it comes to reef tanks. This isn't to scare you from setting one up but it may direct you in different directions. Copper absorbs into the silicone on glass tanks and leaches back into the system.