Any last words?

CA2OR

I think they've all given you great advice, so here in my two cents.

Warm bath is great. Sometimes walking "laps" in the hallway helps. If your gonna do that let her hold your arm and when a contraction comes support her by hugging her (so she can lean on you). Remember to "breathe". Like they said before DON'T take it personal if she tells you off. Don't say your tired (wife) you'll get yelled at. When she starts to push help her sit up, unless you want to be down "there" with the doc. If you are in the least bit squimish I recommend staying up by her shoulders (to help her sit up to "bear down"). Also let her know how much you love her and that you think she is beautiful. She might disagree at that moment, but it will definatly earn you brownie points later.

The umbilical cord is stronger then it looks. (scratch) Ask a nurse to take your pic as your cutting it. Newborns look "ugly". They look all shriveled, pale, and like they went ten rounds in a boxing ring. It's normal. They get "pretty" with time.

Like they said "master" the swaddle.

Take tons of pictures.

If you wanna bond faster with the baby do the diaper changes. Don't worry thier poop is supossed to look like tar in the begining. :eek: If you plan on using a pacifier when you offer one craddle your baby in your arms.

Oh and when you get home from the hospital turn the tv/radio on. Your baby will be used to hearing all the noise and commotion from the hospital and your house will seem "too" quiet. Basically you want to create "white noise".

Take shifts with Momma that way you both can get some rest, but don't plan on feeling refreshed after you sleep. It's hard, so be there for each other.

Hug your wife and your baby often, and tell them you love them as often as you can. Congrats!!!! Here's to you and the family.(drinking)

The only thing I think was missed was the hormone changes that can happen after the birth. Maybe 3 weeks or even 6 months but it may happen. Trust me you'll know.She will say things that don't make a lot of sense cry, or even be angry and not really know why(unless you mess up). Lots of love and understanding is needed. And Patience. It's just a part of Motherhood. Another miff you need to know is, yes she can get pregnant while nursing. Good luck and may GOD Bless this miracle of life. :)

Oh ya enjoy sleeping with them laying on your chest. A feeling of relaxing I have never gotten over.

Beckie,That brings back WONDERFUL memories of Saturday afternoons.Man I miss those naps.They are 20 & 22 now so I cant do those any more. Eric, those are the best! GOOD LUCK!!!!