Any last words?

CA2OR

no worries CCR. I am taking a week off and I got my laptop back so I will have more tme.....but I wont be getting paid for it(scratch)

Pic on scale...got it. Didn't think of that. Then again I am having issues thinking of anything. I am scared s&@^less.

She will be doing all the work but trust me you will be spent when its all over. Try to take her mind off of the pain while she is in labor.

LOTS AND LOTS of pictures and like someone else said cherrish every second they grow up faster then you can believe.

• Like 1

YOU BETTER BE TAKING CARE OF THE WIFE AND BABY. SHE SLEEPS AND YOU TAKE CARE. NO EXCUSES LIKE " OH OH I GOTTA POST" WHEN YOU SHOULD BE WIPING!!!!!!!!

I'm with Blaine on this one. You can say good bye to posting for a while. Your life is about to change. You and momma are going to need all the sleep you can get. And don't let the hospital do your feedings and changings. You are the parents. Take care of your child.

• Like 1

Show the staff how to use your camera as well, ,many are great .... lots of practice. Even get dispossible. Don't pass out!! sit just looks funny on T.V. Know that as soon as you are ready to go to sleep Mommy will have a baby high and be ready to talk. They are born and gone faster than you know.

You'll get over being tired when they go off to school, move out, get married, have kids, Oh wait I guess you never get over being tired gain.

Oh ya enjoy sleeping with them laying on your chest. A feeling of relaxing I have never gotten over.

ENJOY,enjoy, enjoy!

• Like 1

Okay, so this has been mentioned several times, but do everything for at least a week - maybe two. Your wife shouldn't even have to get out of bed.

I changed every diaper for two weeks. Literally, first diaper my wife changed was two weeks in. And the first week is the worst - the 'black tar of death.' Deal with it.

And your baby will probably have "day/night confusion" - means that they are awake at night and asleep during the day. You'll be on the same schedule. Let the wife sleep during the day.

Finally, learn to swaddle. The nurse will show you how and the baby will love it - will sleep better and just plain be more content. Make the nurse show you a couple times.

Last bit of advice. Lot's a of guys don't really "bond" with the baby early. It's very common - even normal. I read about it in the baby book. That's just not how guys work. The baby is just a blob. A cute blob, but just a blob. Guys don't really get engaged until the baby starts to get interactive - grabs your fingers, laughs at you - stuff like that.

I'm not trying to scare you, just wanted you to know that's normal. Don't worry if you'd rather get some sleep than stare endlessly down into the crib while the baby sleeps.

And finally... enjoy it. Sit down every once in a while and just burn it into your memory. Your whole life just changed - and it's great.

Congratulations and good luck.

• Like 1

I gotta side with Perry on this one. Even if you think you have a strong stomach, I have one word "EPISIOTOMY"! (scary) Don't watch. That image will be ingrained into your memory forever. And unless you are doing natural birth I have another word for you "EPIDURAL", it will save your life. (wife)Other than that enjoy the moment and follow the other advice already given.

• Like 1

Okay, so this has been mentioned several times, but do everything for at least a week - maybe two. Your wife shouldn't even have to get out of bed.

I changed every diaper for two weeks. Literally, first diaper my wife changed was two weeks in. And the first week is the worst - the 'black tar of death.' Deal with it.

And your baby will probably have "day/night confusion" - means that they are awake at night and asleep during the day. You'll be on the same schedule. Let the wife sleep during the day.

Finally, learn to swaddle. The nurse will show you how and the baby will love it - will sleep better and just plain be more content. Make the nurse show you a couple times.

Last bit of advice. Lot's a of guys don't really "bond" with the baby early. It's very common - even normal. I read about it in the baby book. That's just not how guys work. The baby is just a blob. A cute blob, but just a blob. Guys don't really get engaged until the baby starts to get interactive - grabs your fingers, laughs at you - stuff like that.

I'm not trying to scare you, just wanted you to know that's normal. Don't worry if you'd rather get some sleep than stare endlessly down into the crib while the baby sleeps.

And finally... enjoy it. Sit down every once in a while and just burn it into your memory. Your whole life just changed - and it's great.

Congratulations and good luck.

Wipes tear from eye.....

Dang! Way to sum it up!

Never heard of "swaddling".

Dunno if they still allow it, but in the early stages of labor my wife really liked the Popsicles I stashed in the nurses fridge. Oh, and don't take anything your wife says to you during labor personally. (laugh)

good luck Eric, cherish your new addition every day, because pretty soon they make you a grandparent, and that will be the second proudest moment in your life!!!!

Feel free to call me if you need any tank help. I'll be more than happy to come and deal with your tank for you.

Wow, it’s all been said in this post.

First off GRATZ.

- Make sure your wife is happy at all times.. I know this can be hard but it is necessary. Everything is compounded x5 + after having a baby.

- Enjoy every moment you have with the family. Soon he/she will be off living there own life.

Film Film Film and or Pictures pictures pictures get as much as you can.

I’m sure you will do just fine. The best part is…. you will know what to do as different situations arise.

And Finally enjoy being a Father its one of the best things in the WORLD.