My 75gl aquarium 30gl ref. and 45gl sump

CCCP

Tank size is 75gl, plus 30gl refugium, and 45gl sump. Aquarium have 2 400w metal halide, 1 -96w blue actenic power compact and 1 110w VHO actenic light ,4 moonlight

This tank was originally skimmed by a Deltec AP850 for the first five months of operation, but I later changed to a Deltec AP902. Currently I am experimenting with a Deltec AP1004 in the setup. The tank has gotten better and better, with less algae and detritus. The real reason for my latest skimmer update is that I am planning to upgrade to a larger tank.

An IKS Aquastar™ computer is my system's "brain." The IKS monitors the tank's temperature, the pH of the kalk reactor, measures the salinity and pH in the main tank as well as controlling the ORP, the lights and top-off water additions. Using a combination of the IKS, some dosing pumps and ancillary equipment makes it possible to have very stable water parameters. To provide calcium and alkalinity to the tank I use a Deltec PF601S kalk reactor and KM500S kalk stirrer. I use A.R.M media in my reactor and E.S.V. calcium hydroxide in the kalk stirrer. The kalk reactor runs at pH 6.5 during the day and 6.7 at night (the IKS controller can have separate day/night parameters). I discovered this provides a more stable Kh over a 24-hour period. I also use a P.O. "dual" chamber containing A.R.M media, located after the reactor, to raise the pH by 0.2 in the return water back to the sump. A chiller model sl 650 A 1/2 hors to keep it between 77-79 F." Does a good job keeping it there that's about it.

post-204-141867765565_thumb.jpg

post-204-141867765569_thumb.jpg

post-204-141867765572_thumb.jpg

First off WELCOME to the PNWMAS forums!!! Glad you found us!!

The tank looks so very nice. How long has it been up and running?

Take a look at the sponsors page, there are a lot of good LFS and national dealers that have/are helping out the club. If you use one tell them thank you for us.