WTB Laptop Ram

blown65

would prefer some 512 or 1gb sticks of PC2700 sodimm ram. My laptop at work is taking a crap and I'm pretty sure the ram is the issue. Thanks!

I have 2 sticks from my daughters laptop that are 256mb,333 CL2.5 PC 2700

I assume you want 2-512's or 1-1gig but if this will help let me know. Mike

• Like 1

I have 2 sticks from my daughters laptop that are 256mb,333 CL2.5 PC 2700

I assume you want 2-512's or 1-1gig but if this will help let me know. Mike

ok, Ill keep that in mind, kinda hoping to have more memory though.

you may check circuit city' date=' i was at one off of hall earlier today and they still had some. I think it was like 50% off since they are going out of business.[/quote']

Ya, I checked here, they didnt have any here in mdf.

I have some laptop ewe's and then you can use those velcro pants you bought(naughty)

shhh dont give my secrets out.

I wouldn't waist my time with Circuit City or Best Buy unless money isn't an issue. I would try MWAVE.com or something like that. I have had very good luck with MWAVE. They supply both thier own line of RAM and almost all other makes. They have a very nice supply of high end and gaming RAM as well.

here are a couple of tips for all of you to help speed your computers up a little.

First, make sure your paging file is at least 3 times the size of your ram

second, go to the start button and select run, then enter the following items and press enter, a folder will pop up (if you have this type of folder). delete all of the icons in the folder. your computer has 3 possible temp files some that you may have never heard of.

type:

temp (delete all icons)

prefetch (delete all icons)

minidump (delete all icons)

you should have at least 2 of the folders above. once you are done go to your c drive and then into the winnt folder and open your print spool folder, if there are any icons in there then delete them. sometimes when you have a print job go bad the actual item your printing can get stuck in the spooler and loop over and over using lots of memory.

hope this helps.