fish addition order

jason7504

that is a pretty goby..are they peaceful? and reef safe?

Hey Jason - if you are asking about the Rainsford, I believe the answer is yes to both. I have had a couple over the years and both were very peaceful tankmates and didn't bother anything else in the tank that I ever saw. They often have them in the display tank at Soutas' with all there SPS so I don't think they are likely to cause any problems. A really nice fish in my opinion. I would be careful and try to make sure you get one that is eating at the LFS though.

where do they sell the Rainsford Goby's at? i haven't seen them before

Jason - I have most often seen them at Soutas so you could send Mr Reef a PM and see if they have any. I am sure, however, that several of the LFS around would be happy to order one for you as well. Of course, you don't get to see how well they tank adapt in that case...

ive heard that Rainsford Goby's only eat like pods and other life on the rocks like mandrains(not sure of spelling)..are they hard to keep?

I had a couple of them over the years that eat frozen food as well. I have also heard that they can be somewhat finicky eaters which is why I would recommend getting one that has been at an LFS for a while so you can see how well they have (or haven't) adapted to eating prepared food just in case...

• 2 weeks later...