Some pics - testing camera settings

impur

On some of them. Some are on auto with 2X digital zoom and they still came out good IMO (laugh). I need to get some diopters for my camera.

Pretty nice pics - and coral of course! Did you play around with aperture settings on some of those to tweak the depth of field? Seems deeper on some than others. Not sure how much range you would have on the macro anyway though...

BTW - did you get that seratosa frag from Bob?

Always a pleasure to see pics of your collection!

Thanks! I did not play with the aperture. One problem i have with my camera is when i choose to adjust aperture and shutter speeds, for some reason every pic comes out dark. The highest ISO setting on my camera is 400 i think, even at 400 ISO it comes out really dark. You can barely make out whats in the picture.

Yah i got that frag from Bob. Love it, its so bright!

Thanks! I did not play with the aperture. One problem i have with my camera is when i choose to adjust aperture and shutter speeds, for some reason every pic comes out dark. The highest ISO setting on my camera is 400 i think, even at 400 ISO it comes out really dark. You can barely make out whats in the picture.

Yah i got that frag from Bob. Love it, its so bright!

That is the trade-off, high aperture & depth of field, low light capture and dark pictures if you can't push the iso or boost the light! I don't have any macro capability on my camera so haven't had a chance to experiment yet with specimen shots. Some folk are really get great results with their "point and shoots" these days though.

I got a piece of that from Bob as well... really sweet!