Well not a noob...but getting back into hobby

KeepItSimple

Thought I would introduce myself...

Over the years I have kept tanks with Cichlids, FOWLR, Soft corals, and my last tank was a 135g cube that was sps dominated. I always loved having a tank(if not a few,(wife) was always supportive). But after my daughter was born, my time was thin and something had to give...the tank will always lose. But now my daughter is older and I have more time to dedicate to my hobbies. I got board and started surfing the web and as I was looking thru pics, the wife said "why dont you start a new tank"...I paused but quickly agree'd.

So now here I am, back in the planning stages again. Not sure exactly what route I will go, although it will prob. be a smaller size tank. I would rather be able to dedicate the right amount of time to the tank with a smaller one, than have to skimp on time on a big tank.

Look forward to meeting some of you at some upcoming meetings this year

(waving)

Thought I would introduce myself...

the wife said "why dont you start a new tank"...I paused but quickly agree'd.

(waving)

Keep that wife of yours! My wife said something similar and I will have my new tank soon! woo-hoo. Nothing better than a wife that supports your hobbies! If you are ever down this way feel free to let me know and stop by.

You fell off the wagon. You must have stopped going to your support group meetings. LOL!

I am also a "recycled" reefer in the hobby for another time. A lot has changed over the past couple of years. You should do your research to find out what has changed.

What size are you thinking of? Less than the 135 cube? Right now I am of the oppinion that a 75g is just about the perfect size. Everyone with smaller tanks seem to want to upgrade, while people with bigger tanks all want to downsize. A 75g is right in the middle.

Don't forget the pictures.

dsoz

• Like 1

You fell off the wagon. You must have stopped going to your support group meetings. LOL!

I am also a "recycled" reefer in the hobby for another time. A lot has changed over the past couple of years. You should do your research to find out what has changed.

What size are you thinking of? Less than the 135 cube? Right now I am of the oppinion that a 75g is just about the perfect size. Everyone with smaller tanks seem to want to upgrade, while people with bigger tanks all want to downsize. A 75g is right in the middle.

Don't forget the pictures.

dsoz

lol I want one I can swim in lol welcome(clap)

well let me start by saying thanks for the warm welcome from all. As far as pics of the tank, prob going to be awhile. Still trying to figure out where in the house I want the tank to go. Im thinking of keeping it around 80g or so, Im waiting on a couple of estim. on some tanks from James at envision Acrylics. But Im sure I will be bouncing idea's off you guys+gals once I get some down on paper.

Once again thanks for the warm welcome and looking forward to getting to know you all