Ways to kill star polyps?

Michael7979

Like the title says I'm looking for ways to get rid of some star polyps. The rock they are on can't come out unless I redo the tank, not going to happen.

So if you know of a way to kill off star polyps please let me know. Thanks in advance.

It should say "WAYS" to kill star polyps.

Hydnopora?

LOL...never thought of that one

a epoxy that could be spread underwater and then stick could work but thats gonna be a whole lot more money and possibly a bigger mess than the kalk paste that SHOULD work. Ive used kalk paste on them before and it killed them .......but i was able to pull the rock out........

id try some kalk paste on a small piece and see if you can get away with using just enough not to mess your water up.......

im having visions of you trying to kalk a few square feet of the stuff underwater...........

I my little experiences with them, I have peeled them off rocks, I currently have them growing in my tank, when people want frags I just peel them off and give them a hunk. I guess it depends on the texture of rock, I have mine growing on some semi-smooth rock to make it a little easier, usually have to harvest it about every 3-4 months to keep it under 8"

I will use some flat rock and bury them mostly into the sand. The rocks will be in the front of my reef, and i'll let the GSP grow over them so it keeps it easy to frag. I want it to look like a GSP lawn.

Here is how i keep them at bay now, my candycane seemed to take offense to the GSP today

P7310191.jpg

P7310193.jpg

That was the only stinger i saw come out, then lights went out. Its still stuck there.