New pics of my 29gal nano

nanoreefer

Here are some updated pics of my nano. I've been adding lots of corals after removing rbta but still not happy at all with the look of the tank; really miss the movement and color of the rbta. The upper center portion of the tank still seem very lacking. I added some nice sps to spice things up but either they're growing super slow or i'm very impatient :D Thinking of ripping those out and replace them with something that will add some movement to that part of the tank. Any coral suggestions?

OLD pic:

_MG_4778.jpg

NEW pics:

DSC03523reef.jpg

DSC03521reef.jpg

DSC03650reef.jpg

DSC02659reef.jpg

DSC03652reef.jpg

DSC03694reef.jpg

DSC03692reef.jpg

DSC02930reef.jpg

DSC03481reef.jpg

DSC02715reef.jpg

DSC02890reef.jpg

DSC02920reef.jpg

DSC03657reef.jpg

DSC03651reef.jpg

DSC02649reef.jpg

Great shots of a nice tank. I always like your pictures... do you have an expensive camera setup?

I agree that the former RBTA spot is missing something. Why did you chose to get rid of it? Was it hurting corals, or...? There are a number of different softies that might look nice there and give you the motion you are looking for, and won't move around and kill your other livestock. I have a finger leather that moves nicely in the current, but not as colorful as the RBTA.

Thank you. These pics were taken with a point and shoot ultra compact (Sony T70) camera, nothing fancy. I do have a canon xt that I prefer to use but my friend borrowed it and I'm too lazy to go get it back :)

I got rid of the RBTA because it decided to move behind the rocks when I upgraded the lighting; I guess it didn't like the 250w metal halide. It also killed all my sps as it was growing. I like softies and do have lots of them but they don't like the intense lighting in that bald spot.

Hieu,

Tank is looking great(rock2) Glad to see the shrimp are still flipin stars and having a great time. Give it a little time to fill in remembder thats are number one enemy in this hobby no one wants to wait(whistle) Eventually it will grow in.

Wow... sweet looking tank and some great pics! I love the shrimp going after that star. I know what you mean about the BTA - it would be hard to replace the color and motion of my rose (if I even could get it out of the tank) but it is a pain trying to keep it away from the SPS! Hope the birdsnest works out for you.

I'm using the Odyssea 250w metal halide/2x65w pc actinic fixture. The ballast that came with it is really crappy from what I read so I replaced it with a Lumatek ballast and changed the bulb to 14k phoenix. The color with this setup is very nice. I'm getting the birdnest today from lowman (Bob); really excited!

Time for a few changes: the tank will be taken apart in the morning for a total rescaping. I've been adding rocks here and there and now the tank looks kinda messy. I"m sick of looking at it the way it is; this will also give me a chance to catch that [language filter] yellow tang (model tank citizen, just outgrowing the tank) that's been eluding capture. Will also be ordering a hanging kit to hang the light so I'll have more room to work in the tank; i'm done with burning my arm on the metal halide glass cover.

Phew!!! The rock work's done. I LIKE IT! The tank doesn't look like a huge pile of rock anymore; it's two huge piles of rock now haha...Anyway, only half of the corals have been transferred back to the tank; the other half are still in the holding tank (with flow and heat of course). Everything's pretty much pissed right now. I will take some picture once everything's been moved back into the tank and glued down :) Will be done by tomorrow. Oh, I was also able to catch that yellow tang. Anyone wanna buy it? I'll take it to a store tomorrow (don't wanna stress him out by keeping him in a holding tank for too long) to trade for something else if i don't hear from anyone.

• Like 1