Controllers, controllers, controllers

drock59

So i am thinking of getting some sort of controller for my reef but I need info.

Who sells them locally?

Who uses them?

What kind do you use and why?

How do you like it?

Is it worth it?

Pics?

Im just looking to justify spending more money on my tank. I really do want to be able to monitor the conditions remotely and have one unit that controls most of the equipment.

I have the Neptune AC3 controller, I started with the ACjr but it didn't have all of the options that I really wanted. I love it, it controls everything that I need and more if I want. I have it setup to email my Blackberry 3 times a day with the tank stats and also in emergencies. To me its worth every dollar, its one of the most important peices on my tank and I really think that it should be one of the first items that people buy.

I have my setup to monitor the tank pH, the CA reactor pH, the temp. Control the lights, skimmer, heater, Kalk reactor stir, top off, etc.. For my new tank I'm going to add a flow switch to the skimmer waste container so that if it fills to high it will turn off the skimmer pumps. There are a LOT of over things that you can do with them and I'm still learning.

I know that Joel (Waves) can order them.

Rich

I use AC Jr and love it. It controls my tank lights, fuge lights, heater, CA reactor pH, and fan when the tank gets hot. I still have 3 open slots for whatever i may need. It is definately the best thing i have bought for my tank.

I spent 200 on my controller with the DC8 and pH probe. I would have spent 500 knowing how well this would be for my tank.