60g cube

impur

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I added 6", so 3" on each side of my cube. The cube is 24" square and my stand is 30"X30". I wanted a little ledge to set stuff on or whatever. I made it 36" tall, thats how tall my current stand is for my 75gal. Its now slightly too tall for me though, i can't quite reach the bottom of the tank (laugh). Guess that extra 3" tall is gonna require a step stool.

I'll be putting a piece of like 3/4 plywood on top, then foam for the cube to sit on. So the top of the tank is going to end up being 61-62" high.

not quite tall enough IMO. glad this thing is getting rolling and coming together. is this going to be a true show tank' date=' or another show tank gone frag tank....lol. it should be a very nice tank.[/quote']

I'm going to try and make it a real reef this time. We shall see (scary)

Miles,

Here are the pics of the stand. It still looks lighter in the pic than in real life if you ask me(scratch) Not hard to do either as I was just playing around in the garage and thought it looked better than just the plain old golden oak look. One pic is with a flash and the other is no flash but you can figure out the one;)

post-523-141867742343_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867742345_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tom! Gonzo porter eh, i'll give it a shot!

Had some Brrrr this weekend at Willamette Pass pretty good stuff!

Give pipeline porter a shot from kona brewing company, one of my fav porters.

You should run a frag tank inline with your display to avoid it turning into a frag tank, thats what I ended up having to do.

I am actually planning to incorporate a 10gal tank to use as a frag tank into this stand. Another reason for making it a little oversized. I'll plumb in a drain from the display to it, and a drain out of it so i don't need to remove it ever, hopefully. It will still be completely seperate from the display, that way i can also use it as a QT if need be.

That stand looks nice Scott! I'll take a look at that color and see if it looks good in my house.

Matt I refuse to drink Kona Brewing Comp beer unless i'm in Hawaii. I LOVE Wailua Wheat on tap, tastes so much better than bottled.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well i'm now seriously considering selling this tank and upping the dimensions to fit my stand. I'm going to begin looking into a 30X30X24 or so sized starphire glass tank. I'm just not sure i like the overflow being in the tank, takes up some room. We shall see i guess!!