who wants to make some beer...

izzypop

My tank sucks right now... so I need some beer....

who wants to make some homebrew???? I'm ready for another batch. I got nothing on tap but applewine and that's not right....

That Arogant Bastard we all made was gone quick it was great....

What do we want to make this time? chewie, mike, ryan you out there???

I know I crap in the woods that's all I can say...

Order a kit of hef from Austin Homebrew and get it crushed cause I don't have a good mill..... Then we'll brew it and I'll carb it for you to take home in 4-6 weeks... just leave me a little....

It's needs to be on a Saturday or Sunday. I'll probably start around noon and people can show up anytime from noon to about 4 to see the process. I think the start is the most interesting and fun to watch and after that is just cooking which is beer drinking time. I'll throw out some weekend dates and people can respond if that will work for them. If we have some homebrewers on here like "JeffP" bring over your stuff and we'll do multiple batches. I have a kegerator that can hold and carb 25 gallons of beer.

I've only got the goods for a single batch at a time, the MP was my first ever attempt :D It's killing me to see it fermenting away, and to know i'm still a good 4 weeks from being able to taste it.

Once I get more equipment I'll be able to contribute to the supply, but I'd like to come help out and learn some more tricks of the trade!

You do all grain or extract for your first try? Sample 4-5 weeks after fermentation is complete not 4 weeks from your start date. IME 5-6 weeks and the beer is perfect. At 4 weeks it is still a little green tasting.

We'll be doing all grain so come on by..... I have extra equipment to brew an additional batch of extract if someone wants to do there own....

I can smell the grain now.... It's glorious!

there are many ways to do this and each person has there way just like the fish hobby but I found no real gains by transferring to a secondary (unless brewing a fruit beer)

I would say wait till fermenting stops that is key if you are bottling for sure (bottle bombs).....

Usually 2 weeks is perfect. To make this as simple as possible...... Just wait 2 weeks and make sure the bubbling has stopped sometimes it can take the yeast a week before it even starts....Is your batch releasing CO2 yet? If so wait till that stops then bottle or keg. Let it condition in the bottle or keg for 4 weeks that is the key.

2 weeks to ferment and 4 weeks to condition..... That is what works for me the best. Not to say you can't try it sooner but it always tastes better at 4 weeks usually.

The yeast took about 15 hours to start working, but there's been a nice steady stream of CO2 from the blow off tube since Sunday(cooked on saturday). The foaming has died down, so the tube no longer has runners of Krauzen(or whatever) so I think i might swap to the airlock soon so I don't accidentally kick over the tub of water with the blow off tube in it and make a mess.

I'll be bottling this batch for sure, until I can get a cornie and tap setup in the beer fridge :)

I'm sureprised some enterprising reefer doesn't route the co2 from the fermenting vessle to a CA reactor ;)

you're good.... throw on an airlock and bottle a few days after the bubbly stops. It will taste ohhh so good... The mirror pond clones always come out really good even if you messed up a little....good first choice.

That's what I like to hear!

I'm pretty confident I didn't screw anything up...yet. I did have about 2 cups of wort left over, but a buddy of mine said not to worry, he's had up to a gallon left over and things still were great.

Tonight's task, sanitize airlock, and put that baby on! (clap)(rock2)

And the best part - the chickens in my backyard absolutely LOVED the cooked grains when they cooled down :)

If you do this Sunday, I should be able to make it over for the beginning part :) I'd like to hear about making my own extract! What can I bring that will help out/contribute to obtaining some of said extract ;)

Also what are you planning on brewing? A hef? I could get behind that!

I'm not going to set this up for this weekend.

I'll post a few weekend dates so people have some time to plan it out.

Extract is just a concentrated form of grain sugar to make it simple....Not many choices on different flavors and it leaves the beer with a sweet kind of twang to it....

With All Grain you don't use the extract syrup.... You "extract" your own sugars from grain only. Usually around 10 pounds of grain for 5 gallons. It is much cleaner and a lot cheaper too...

Think of it like this....You make some lemonade with frozen concentrate. Just add water and go and it turns out good. But making lemonade from pure lemons yourself is that much better and you have much more control of what the outcome taste will be. Takes a little longer and requires a little more equipment but it's worth it :)

O YEAH I WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!

Had a great time brewing it last time! (which was the first time I ever did any homebrewing)

Shawn please let me know when! Sorry I missed the AB tasting party we made last time, just couldn't get free.

Sunday works best for me but if you have to do this on a Sat. I'll figure out a way to be off work just need time to make it happen.

What a great day! Reef talk and beer talk!

Is there anything better? Very Doubtful, (at least that we can discuss here (naughty) )

I'll bring some of the store bought stuff to fill in the gaps!