which tank to use? AP24 or solana 34G

jason7504

Does this help...

aquarium08004.jpg

Hey show us a pic of it now(whistle) Just giving you a hard time. Reef Fisher had a sweet set up till the power went out.

And to stir the pot just got home and the thread gained 3 pages since I posted and only 3 were by CA2OR(scary)(laugh)

Just giving you a hard time:D

Everyone seems to post things or ask questions that others deem not important. But like others have stated it kind of keeps things going around here(laugh)

Ok back to Jasons Solana thread. Jason get some pics of that thing up(whistle) And a MP20 would be sweet in one of those as I think a 40 would be to much flow. I have a MP20, K1 and a Tunze nanostreem in my Oceanic cube. Flow seems to be good and the sand stays put.

hmm ok..

i decided im going to convert the 2nd chamber to a fuge instead of my CPR HOB fuge because i dont know if it would fit along with the AquaC Remora skimmer and the less stuff in the back the better i think..but i will use the same PC light that i got with my fuge..i was thinking about taking some of your ideas and putting the fuge light on the back to shine into the 2nd chamber..but would it be better to just put the light above the 2nd chamber because from the pic's the back looks blue and that would filter some light out?

but im still no sure if i want to go with the stock skimmer or use my AquaC Remora? ive heard that its good but its loud..and its going to be in my bedroom

Jason,

I just pm'd you about doing that same thing, lol. I think shining from the back vs over the top would be better...

There are plenty of ways to make the skimmer quieter. I think I'm gonna play with that, and if all else fails, I'll look into upgrading it.

I'm going with 2 6025's, but I don't want barebottom. We'll see if I can manage that....

I used velcro tape to stick my light to the back of the tank. I still use the tray at the top of the second chamber to hold my filter floss. So I couldn't put a light over the top, I like it shining through the back anyway. It penetrates way better.

In the solana megathread on RC they meshmodded the stock skimmer pump and it works really well I guess.

I used velcro tape to stick my light to the back of the tank. I still use the tray at the top of the second chamber to hold my filter floss. So I couldn't put a light over the top, I like it shining through the back anyway. It penetrates way better.

In the solana megathread on RC they meshmodded the stock skimmer pump and it works really well I guess.

do you keep the filter floss in the 2nd chamber to help with the micro bubbles of the skimmer?

ok then i will put my light on the back of mine too..

oh really i read the megathread but about 5 minutes after i read it, i only remembered the last page haha..but i will go back and check it out...

Its a good idea to skip the HOB fuge' date=' so if you do wish you could put a HOB phosban reactor to run carbon or GFO.[/quote']

ive seen alot of people running a phosban reactor with a solana but i never did with Nanocubes or AP's..does it really help if you run it with carbon or a phosphate remover? i was just thinking of putting a filter bag in there with some phosphate remover..