which tank to use? AP24 or solana 34G

jason7504

Hey,

i ordered a stand(the one for solana) for my AP24 because i heard its not bad for a aquarium company's stand. but they sent me the actual solana instead and after calling them, they are sending me the stand but are letting me keep the tank as a gift :) how sweet is that!!!! :)

but i already have my AP24 and already had a plan for it...should i keep the solana and use it or just go with my AP24? i know the solana is 10 gallons more but it doesn't seem as popular and part accessible as the AP24..and would a HOB fuge that i got for my AP24, fit on the solana too? and is the built in skimmer good at all and the ATO?

but im leaning towards just going with my AP24..

Its easy to turn the middle chamber into a fuge though, Since the back of the solana is clear, you could easily put a light on the back to shine through to grow cheato. Thats what I did and love it, I even have a HOB fuge+skimmer combo sitting around that I don't use because the other way is so effective.

I use a home-made ato, just a tom-lifter pump and a float valve, cost like $20 and super easy to make. I keep my topoff water in a 5.5g tank inside the stand, works perfectly. I used the stock skimmer for a while and it worked pretty well, just a tad bit noisy. I eventually upgraded to a tunze nano skimmer when a good deal popped up. I don't understand what you mean by the compartments look bigger.

I use a home-made ato' date=' just a tom-lifter pump and a float valve, cost like $20 and super easy to make. I keep my topoff water in a 5.5g tank inside the stand, works perfectly. I used the stock skimmer for a while and it worked pretty well, just a tad bit noisy. I eventually upgraded to a tunze nano skimmer when a good deal popped up. I don't understand what you mean by the compartments look bigger.[/quote']

like the space from the back to where the compartments end looks wider? did you try the stock ATO?