Sign in to follow this  
downhill_biker

AMAZING DEAL ON SUNSET MONTI

I just made a crazy good deal on this Rainbow...I believe, maybe pokerstar...monti. This thing has crazy color and I am super excited to see how it turns out. Aquaserene has had it in their store for a long time, and I asked if they would give me a deal on it. I brought in about $400 worth of frags and bought this colony. The colony is 9" x 8" with a fairly large amount of encrusting around the edges as well as shelf type growth that will be great for fragging. Let me know what you think. In your opinion what type of monti is this?

Christmas2008101.jpg

Christmas2008112.jpg

Christmas2008066.jpg

It looks like my pokerstar Monti...but yours is bigger than mine!

Dont think you are supposed to admit that. (naughty)

My pokerstar looked worse off then that color wise(not that is looks bad), then I moved it to the bottom of my tank (400MH) and it is turning to a beautiful baby blue with bright green. It may just need a little time to get to its true color. Looks really nice so far though.

sad like he missed it then austin said it went to a good home and curtis has it and he seemed cool with it. just i dont think he expected it to be gone he was telling me he grew that from a small frag plug size frag. i would be suprised to see it gone aswell.

shawn: he mentioned it being "all over the internet" when i went in there today. thanks bud....LOL> he wasn't mad, just making fun. i picked up a couple trachy's today.

the duncan was 2 large heads, and looks like a couple babies thinking about coming out.

Just from the reading that I've done, I believe that this is a pokerstar monti because all of the polyps are green. The general consensus seems to be that the rainbow montis will have varying colors in the polyps ranging from oranges to greens to reds. It is beautiful! If you decide to frag, please give me a holler! I just started with sps, but maybe someday I'll be able to support something this beautiful!

Not a bad Monti!! An exceptional specimin! As an aside, without hijacking too much: Shawn did you see the three Acan frags at Aqua Serene? The one on the far right was NFS and to be fragged. The burgendy one with large polyps and a delicate frosting on the margins was being admired by a woman (whom I invited to our Meet and Greet) that said she was interested in a frag. I chimed in that I was also interested, so he took down our phone numbers. Did you notice if he put a NFS on the glass on the Acan on the LEFT SIDE, also?