January Eugene Meet and Greet 1/24 @1:30

tidalsculpin

Shawn we'll get 3-5 polyps of each at least. Its hard to really say but i think thats a low ball #

Looks like everyone is voting for both. Rey is coming as well so that will bring it down closer to what you want Joel if all the people are still in.

Here is the list I know are in.

Joel

Bob

Jay

Ryan

Rey

Ashley

Miles

Franklin

Need confirmation from:

Becky

Shawn

Curtis

With all 11 should be 50. I'll know more tomorrow and when those 3 confirm.

This is gonna be sweet :D

God, not Reynaldo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got official stamp of approval from the boss. He is ok with the meeting and is excited that people are seeing the school from out of town. My principal has approved this event. I think he would not have cared either way but just want all to know.

Cool i'll bring the keg!! (laugh)(laugh)(wife)

What is a aquascope?? If you think my kids at school would like it bring me one also, please. Miles I am out on the Acans. Thanks for all the hard work. I am holding out for zoos. I will be there. I am looking for 400w MH bulbs is anyone has any that are newer then 18 months! Mine are a tad old in the school tanks. I would also take any macro that anyone has to offer. Do you want me to talk about DIY rocks or frag plug building? For that matter I can talk about anything and actually sound like I know what I am talking about. Ask Ryan, Bob or Miles!

If I were going, which I am not but I just wanted to chime in and say I would go with both. That is a great deal and both are beautiful. You guys would be nuts to not do both. I think you can get easy 3-5 out of one and 4-6 out of the other for each of you. So sad to see such beauties and have no setup to put them in. lol I would have pitch for 2 of each frag if I weren't getting out for a while.

Nuts not to go with both is what I say.

Garrett

What is a aquascope?? If you think my kids at school would like it bring me one also' date=' please. [/quote']

I'd be glad to donate one to your school. An Aquariscope is a new invention of mine that is used for top down viewing of your reef. It provides a magnified view, and is useful for tank maintenance, photography, or just getting that close up top down view of fish and corals.

Here's some photos I took today for comparison:

My clowns, top down, normal view, with waves from the pumps, and reflections from lights

clownsnoscope.jpg

Now, the same subjects, but through the Aquariscope (with the camera set exactly the same)

clownswithscope.jpg

Another shot, with all of the normal surface distortion, and light reflections

Hawknoscope.jpg

And again, same camera settings, but through the Aquariscope

Hawkwithscope.jpg

My Flamehawk is always looking back at me through it, it's pretty funny. Anyway, I will make some Aquariscopes up for the festivities on the 24th. They will be for sale, cheap, say, $20, mostly to cover my costs. Free to teachers.

Thanks so much Breef case.

As far as diy rock Mr. S. This is my input.

I have not done it before so you and Miles will have to lead the show. I have about 6 salt buckets available and one, momentarily not being used, 40 gallon tub.

Also, I have 4 bags of sand at school. 3 bags are grey aragonite from seachem. 1 bag is out of date aragalive sand.

We can use these as part of the diy rock. Only downside is that it is mostly grey. Lastly, I can have the kids keep track of pH and change water on these rocks while they cure. Do you have old sand? Bring it!

Miles or anyone with portland cement, can you chime in on if you can bring it?

Please consider bringing your own rock mold bucket or donate a bucket to school. The buckets can be quite useful for school. I can afford to give away like three, but probably not more.

And fishie fish, I think it takes ten to twelve weeks to cure rock.

Joel

Anyway' date=' I will make some Aquariscopes up for the festivities on the 24th. They will be for sale, cheap, say, $20, mostly to cover my costs. Free to teachers.[/quote']

What type of cameras do they work with? Can I get a pic of the scope? I would be interested in you building me one if it worked with my camera. Thanks

those are some nice pics briefcase. what camera? i tried using my camera in curtis's reefscope but the magnifacation messed with focusing to much. but definitely an awesome piece of equipment to have.

you just have to mess with it a little more. i dont think you tried too much. my camera took one first try right after you left. they work great, just have to focus a time or two and BAM, you got great pics.

Those were taken with my canon 30D, and standard 18-55 zoom lens. But, just for comparison, here is a shot of the blue bottlebrush SPS (thanks again curtis!) taken with a nikon 3200coolpix, a point and shoot that is about 5-6 yrs old:

nikon3200bottlebrush.jpg

It's a little washed out in this pic, but I probably need to mess with the white balance or something. Anyway, bring your camera if you're interested, and we can play with it at the big hoedown.

I still have a nearly full bag of portland cement that I can donate to the cause, and it sounds like Joel has a lot of sand, so DIY rock here we come. I have heard that one way to cure it is to place it in the tank portion of your toilet, where it will get a water change every time someone flushes. (laugh) (nutty)

you guys have no clue how awsome this aquariscope is I love it, its so cool to get to see that kinda detail ...I'm constantly right there with it and my trusty stepstool( verticly challenged overhere:D) peering into my tank and finding so much more stuff.

a word of warning though my husbands kid siblings came over the other night and it got ugly the 3, 5, and 9 year olds lost all sense of control:eek: and were fighting over it.....resulted in timeouts and putting it up(nono) they loved seeing down into my clams "nono place" rofl named by the 3 year old whom turned and promptly let me know that it was hungry because it was empty. I really think this is quite bennificial little piece of equiptment and its nice to be able to see the stuff so clearly ....looking for pests is so much easier.(rock2) kevin thank you very much(clap)

-ashley