how would you catch a mantis

oldbrownies

(cussing) (censored) (cussing) (censored)

Translation:

I think I have a mantis shrimp!

And though he fills me with rage, and these evil thoughts and plots of torture keep filling my head (most involving slowly boiling and dismemberment). I really can't blame the little guy for his nature. So before he goes to meet his maker (flame). I have decided to donate him to a good home to live out the rest of his life in peace.

Does anyone have a good trapping idea? It's very very shy and I can't get it to come out at all in the light, any movement in the room spooks it, so its goin to have to be some kind of trapping idea that i can leave out at night

How about a vase, no not one for a dozen roses, a small one, but long. But bait in,shrimp, or whatever, let him (or her) get in, slip net over end an volla! Have water boiling, drawn butter, just a pinch of dill, and enjoy!!!!! :)

And don't kill him. Someone will take him I'm sure.

I already know someone willing to take him, if i can catch him. his favorite food seems to be my cute little twin spot gobies, or at least was his favorite food, and they seem a little to expensive to use as bait, so i just baited to nassarius snails (favorite number 2) into the trap to attract him into there

okay, bad news, the trap worked GREAT, on all my fish. and the meat i put in there was bad (stunk up the fridge really bad that night) and well all the fish went for it when i was sleepin (i work nights) and well it went bad in the trap too, and killed all but my scopas (he didn't fit in the trap) so not i am fishless, shrimpless and sad.

but hey it worked